Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the standard fit tyres are as I'm looking to do some research about them? Which brand and version?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Pirelli p7 are fitted to most of the range I think. That's what's on mine and my mates fr.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I spoke to my Dealer about the tyres, as I wanted all seasons, and he said that the factory use which ever brand they have at the time, and they won't fit All seasons. As they order to cost in bulk, so if they get a better deal then they will switch brands.
but they will be a premium tyre manufacturer.
Pirelli, Goodyear, Continental, Michelin, Dunlop etc...
I friend works for Ford in Germany, and they do the same.. I had dunlops on my VW when i brought it. but I now have Michelin Crossclimates.

·
Registered
27 Posts
CrippledGinge said:
Does anyone know what the standard fit tyres are as I'm looking to do some research about them? Which brand and version?
My Neighbour's Arona FR Sport 1.5 has Pirelli P7

·
Registered
355 Posts
See different tyre makes.
Here it is plain to see why.

The P7's are more of a sports derived tyre, hence it is fitted to the FR Sport 1.5
where as the Hankook Kinergy is more of an Eco Drive tyre, hence it is fitted to the SE Tech 1.0TSi

The Eco tyres have a lower rolling resistance than the Sports tyres, due to the Amount of BHP and Torque produced, and more likely to be driven in a sportier manner.., :)
But its not alway the case.

So why a different make of tyre, price point, Pirelli do make Eco type tyres but the costs would have been higher. as for the Pirelli sports tyres, they got these at a good price, as the Michelins, Continental and Goodyears do sometimes tend to be slightly higher, but not always.

Everything comes down to price, and every car is built to a price point... of course exceptions to the rule with the Veyron and Chiron LOL. other hypercars.

·
Registered
540 Posts
My Xcelence Lux came with Pirelli Cinturato P7 tyres.

Reading posts above, seems to be default for 215 / 45 R18 89V size

Wonder what sort of mileage they will be good for, at some stage (probably at a service) will request them swapped front-back to even wear.

When they wear out, will probably go for all season tyres, although at moment choice seems to be limited to Vredestein Quatrac or Maxxis AP2 (not sure low parts of Surrey justify swapping to pure winter tyres)

·
Registered
355 Posts
My Lux has the same tyres as you SnowDaddy.
I am ordering a set of full winters, on 16 inch steel rims, Will be going for Continental TS860 on 205/55/R16 T rated.
But as I go out to Germany in the Winter It makes sense to have full winters.
But said that My Golf, I had Michelin CrossClimates on it and they were superb.
as for the Lux Alloys these are 18/7 rims, so you can go up a width size to 225/45/R18 with out it being an issue for fitment. 225 width being the Max for the 7inch width rim.
So you can get a greater choice of All Season tyres.
They all say you should get the ideal size, but I ran my golf with the max width tyres, WITH OUT ANY ISSUES. 30K on the CrossClimates and they were not worn out when I got my Arona.
And they worked excellent in the snow, was very impressed.

Only down side is Cost, at about 170 a corner not fitted, its a big outlay. vs 120 for a steel rim with winter tyre fitted. 200+ notes difference.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hankook Ventus Prime3 17" - Xcellence arrived in Malta on September

·
Registered
540 Posts
Snowdaddy said:
My Xcelence Lux came with Pirelli Cinturato P7 tyres.

Reading posts above, seems to be default for 215 / 45 R18 89V size

Wonder what sort of mileage they will be good for, at some stage (probably at a service) will request them swapped front-back to even wear.

When they wear out, will probably go for all season tyres, although at moment choice seems to be limited to Vredestein Quatrac or Maxxis AP2 (not sure low parts of Surrey justify swapping to pure winter tyres)
I have come to the conclusion that the Pirelli P7 is not a good a good tyre in cold weather, I have spun the wheels pulling out of uphill side turnings in cold rain twice now. I guess if we have snow I will be taking the wife's old Roomster to work (which now has Bridgestone A005 all seasons). Luckily she does not need it everyday.

I also don't understand why SEAT fit summer tyres to UK spec cars as default, rather than all seasons, and don't give the option. All seasons may not be as good at temperatures of 25+c but this is lot rarer in UK than below +7c where the summer tyres are poorer. Just another reason not to buy another SEAT (although many other manufacturers also do this)

·
Registered
540 Posts
I was wondering if anyone is considering asking for the wheels to be swapped front-back during a service to even out wear.

I know many on PCH or PCP request this (if they remember) to avoid them having to replace 2 tyres later. But although my car is on a PCP, I intend to pay the balloon and keep it.

My main motivation is to try and wear the tyres out at roughly same time (I will then replace them all together). It is no secret that I find the Pirelli P7 like marmite, dislike them in winter or wet, but actually quite good in warm and dry.

There is separate thread for winter / all season so not discussing replacements here (our other car now has all seasons are they are so much better in Autumn when muddy water and leaf mulch is on road).

More keen to know what people think is good mileage to get the front-back swap done, as I want to try and wear out the tyres before spending out on all season replacements.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Continental 205/55/17 95V Eco Contact 5 on 17" FR alloy rims

Date of delivery 26-3-2019 in Holland
Seat Arona FR DSG7 Business Intense

·
Registered
62 Posts
Ash said:
My FR spore came with hankook ventus prime 3 18" delivered in mid March.
Ditto - Early March delivery. I was so pleased not to get Pirelli or Continental :) .

·
Registered
184 Posts
theforestdweller said:
Ditto - Early March delivery. I was so pleased not to get Pirelli or Continental :) .
I'm interested to know why you're pleased not to get Continental tyres? Do they not suit the Arona?
MM

·
Registered
62 Posts
MotorMan said:
theforestdweller said:
I'm interested to know why you're pleased not to get Continental tyres? Do they not suit the Arona?
MM
I don't know what suits the Arona, it's just my limited exposure to Pirelli and Continentals fitted as OEM items on previous vehicles leads me to avoid them. Pirelli were terrible for wear and only seemed to work properly in warm weather, while Continentals were unbelievably noisy. They may well be fine on the Arona, and have changed over time, but if I had a choice I would avoid them just to prevent those companies profiting from my past displeasure with their products :evil:

·
Registered
184 Posts
theforestdweller said:
I don't know what suits the Arona, it's just my limited exposure to Pirelli and Continentals fitted as OEM items on previous vehicles leads me to avoid them. Pirelli were terrible for wear and only seemed to work properly in warm weather, while Continentals were unbelievably noisy. They may well be fine on the Arona, and have changed over time, but if I had a choice I would avoid them just to prevent those companies profiting from my past displeasure with their products :evil:
Ok, now I understand. Thanks.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Mine comes with Hankook Ventus Prime (summer) and Goodyear Efficient Grip (winter) and is a Style (I believe it's the equivalent to SE Tech + a little extra)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.