Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I have hade my 1.0 Style with mechanical gear for 6 weeks and 1200 km now.

The problem is quite annoying and maybe even dangerous. Sometimes (maybe 2-3 times per week) the engine stops while the car is still moving slowly, 1st or 2nd gear is selected, and the clutch is depressed. The steering wheel goes stiff immediately.

Has anyone else experienced the issue?

Thanks!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Mine does this occasionally, only if I forget to switch off the bloody stop/start button as soon as I get in the car and I have DSG.
I wish there was a way of turning it off permanently, personally i find it a pain in the neck.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Thanks Sokken, at least I now know it is possible, but I would like someone more knowledgeable than myself to carry this out.
Do you know if this can be done at the main dealers?
And also presumably this can be put back to functioning at any time in the future.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bonzo said:
Thanks Sokken, at least I now know it is possible, but I would like someone more knowledgeable than myself to carry this out.
Do you know if this can be done at the main dealers?
And also presumably this can be put back to functioning at any time in the future.
I am from denmark so I don't know in UK but I don't think they will do it in Denmark

·
Registered
15 Posts
RostyslavV said:
Thanks for all the answers.
It is somewhat relieving to know that the problem may go away with time.
Hello! I know what you mean and your annoyance. My 1.0 DSG Excellence is now 3 months old and I was annoyed every time S&S work before totally stopping around 5 km/h speed. Thus I raised this in a Turkish Seat forum, and I received a lot of feedback from not only Ibiza but also from Lon and even VW Golf users. All saying that if you apply moderate to strong pressure to the brake pedal constantly as to give the car the impression to stop -totally- then around 5 km/h the stop triggers. Having heard that, I was relieved.

Actually, you can train your foot to give enough pressure to stop the car without triggering the S&S where required. In the case of unintended stop, if you slightly release the brake pedal it starts instantly. There is a fine line of pressure that can hold the vehicle still but not stopping the engine. You can develop this heuristically. No worries. At least that's what I did.

Cheers!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Just discovered a feature of Start-Stop that I was not aware of. My start stop was not working, so I checked on the settings menu and a little pop up appeared on the left with a link to Start-Stop. When clicked there were two features which each needed to be met. One was the cabin temperature. As my temp was below a pre-determined level, Start-Stop would not function. As soon as it warmed up, it was fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.