Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Collected our Arona FR yesterday.
Just wondering if there is a way to deactivate the start/stop function so that it stays off instead of it reverting back to active every time you restart the car. It is absolutely shocking how dim witted it is. It did it last night when i reverse parallel parked. As I stoped to put into reverse it shut off taking the power steering with it which meant I couldnt start turning into the parking space until it decided to start which it seemed very slow at doing. In other cars we've had with it you don't know it's starting and stopping but the Arona feels like it's stalled. It's a strange feeling. Not sure if it's due to it being a DSG.

·
Registered
299 Posts
My previous vw with stop/start and dsg used rondo the exact same. Once in reverse the system shouldn't activate. Not sure if you can get it De activated via vagcom, whether the dealers will help you out not sure, but think they owe you a few favours! I know some of the BMW we have at work have had the stop/start De activated.

·
Registered
539 Posts
If it's the same as my current Skoda, cannot be disabled unless you unplug the voltage detection cable. In practice I flick the switch to turn it off in start stop traffic. Tend to forget until first time is stops

It won't work much in winter, cold engine, lights on, heater on. Too much current draw
In hot weather the climate control will run the engine to run the a/c

The usual trick with the DSG is to partly ease off the brake pedal as traffic lights change, engine will restart, and car is ready to go as soon as you fully release brake pedal.

Not sure if there is a start-stop setting in menu on MFD for Arona.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. We had it in our yeti which was also DSG but didn't seem as bad. My wife finds it fine so maybe it's my driving style. My wife is a lot steadier than me. I don't mind it at traffic lights etc but manovering is difficult with it especially when parking on a busy street and need to park as quickly as possible so as not to cause a traffic jam.

·
Registered
23 Posts
This subject came up many times in the Nissan Note forum. You will find that the "stop-start" won't work all the time in winter. It's because the battery has lost a couple of volts, not full charge, due to heavy drain, (wipers, lights, heating ect). The system is programmed so when the voltage is slightly down, the stop-start will not work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts