Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Usually, at the beginning of a journey I make sure I switch off the stop start function.
Purely a personal preference I hasten to add, but I find it totally annoying especially in heavy traffic!
Frankly it drives me up the wall!
However, today I forgot to push the disable button and just for the briefest of moments, mid turn at a junction I had to stop, the engine cut and I found myself
Stopped with no power steering!
Okay, it was only momentarily but quite disconcerting all the same!
Anyone know if it's possible to permanently disable it?
I stress it's purely personal and I don't disagree with anyone who likes it 馃槆

Registered
I strongly encourage you to persist with stop start. Like a lot of things, over time you will come to appreciate and like it. That's pretty much guaranteed

Registered
Pops said:
Usually, at the beginning of a journey I make sure I switch off the stop start function.
Purely a personal preference I hasten to add, but I find it totally annoying especially in heavy traffic!
Frankly it drives me up the wall!
However, today I forgot to push the disable button and just for the briefest of moments, mid turn at a junction I had to stop, the engine cut and I found myself
Stopped with no power steering!
Okay, it was only momentarily but quite disconcerting all the same!
Anyone know if it's possible to permanently disable it?
I stress it's purely personal and I don't disagree with anyone who likes it 馃槆
I'm with you on this, normally turn off

Just seems to be too keen, it has actually cut out just before car stops which is really annoying if you are having to very slowly move forward to see around poorly cut hedges etc at junctions, and you lose steering just as you are about to turn and go.

I wish it would wait 2-3 seconds after stopping properly, before killing power, on the other hand when I have left it active, it restarts the car when the one in front starts to move off which is a brilliant idea (and means you don't need to keep looking at a stationary car in front to know when it will go)

So unlike Pops I like it in traffic queues, due to its restart when car in front moves, (but still hate it approaching junctions)

Unless they can fix this premature triggering, I will probably continue to switch it off

1 - 5 of 5 Posts