Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 19 plate Arona SE Tech is poorly! This morning, with no prior warning I have no Front Assist, no cruise control, no stop start, no fans, no aircon and no dash cam (which is plugged into to cigarette lighter. Oh, also the airbag light is on.
The lights still work馃槣
Car鈥檚 booked in for a diagnostic investigation next week.
Bah humbug!

Registered
Might be battery, perhaps something was left on and it flattened it a bit.

Generally on a weak battery, all sorts of items start to throw up error messages.

Either take it for decent run (with as much switched off as possible), or use something like an automatic CTEK battery charger to fully charge it. If all the errors then go on a restart (and might take a couple of minutes for some to reboot) then was simply a flattish battery.

Possibly you didn鈥檛 lock it, or left a door not fully closed etc, so car didn鈥檛 go into hibernation and your plugged in dash cam stayed live and drained a bit of battery

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, curiouser and curiouser. This morning we went on a short run to do the weekly shop - still all the same problems. Back to the car, loaded the shopping started up and everything is magically working as normal. I'll see what happens over the next few days before I consider whether to still go to the garage with it.
Thanks for your suggestions.

Registered
Be careful with charging as Li-Ion batteries are used on some SEAT cars. SEAT say "A vehicle can be trickle charged but it鈥檚 important to note that our vehicles use Lithium-ion batteries so if a customer wishes to utilise a smart charger then it must be compatible for this battery type, and it must not be rated more than 32A with a capacity of 250Ah."

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Be careful with charging as Li-Ion batteries are used on some SEAT cars. SEAT say "A vehicle can be trickle charged but it鈥檚 important to note that our vehicles use Lithium-ion batteries so if a customer wishes to utilise a smart charger then it must be compatible for this battery type, and it must not be rated more than 32A with a capacity of 250Ah."
Thanks for that info, grahamn.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts