Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally, after waiting over 6 months, my wife will be collecting her new Excellence Lux in the next couple of weeks.

Can anyone advise where to get a grab handle that she needs fitted on the inside of the tailgate as it goes up a little too high for her to reach to close. I found this one on eBay but would appreciate any other ideas.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DOOR-PULL-STRAP-GRAB-HANDLE-TAIL-GATE-HELP-HATCHBACK-PULL-DOWN-/142028424936

Also, does anyone have a good supplier for SEAT accessories at a reduced price, eg mudlaps, illuminated door sills, door mouldings etc.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

·
Registered
156 Posts
Can she not reach the lips built into both sides of the interior boot door trims? This will gain a few inches.

I am not sure if they are intended for this use, but my 11year old granddaughter found and uses them.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks keitht for your suggestion on the tailgate, I guess we won't know if that will solve the problem until we go and collect the car.

Thanks nigel58 for the link for accessories, I'm waiting for their quote.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Just been out to the garage and I've measured from the floor to the lips in the interior boot door trim.
Its 72 inches or 182 cm - depending on your choice of measurment.
If your wife can reach this high then there is no need for a grab handle.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi alandl

My wife is only 5'1" and so can't stretch to reach 6'. Looks like I've got no choice but to find a handle/strap for her to grab onto to shut the tailgate.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My wife is 6' 6". I still have to close (and open) the tailgate for her.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I bought a new strap on eBay. Made a cut on the inside of the tailgate panel where you put your hand. Put the strap through the cut and bolted onto the actual tailgate. Total cost £7

·
Registered
14 Posts
JAYGEE said:
I bought a new strap on eBay. Made a cut on the inside of the tailgate panel where you put your hand. Put the strap through the cut and bolted onto the actual tailgate. Total cost £7
is that the one from your first post?

**** Sterbs said:
My wife is 6' 6". I still have to close (and open) the tailgate for her.
being a gentleman?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.