Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have tried so hard to get to grips with the 1.0 dsg set up but I'm sorry to say it's beaten me!
Just cannot accept the fact that I continually find myself in 5th and sixth gear at ridiculously low speeds
with the engine sounding seriously strained and laboured!
Consequently there is absolutely no pleasure from driving it
And so I took the difficult decision to move on and I'm swapping it for a Ford Fiesta Zetec manual
Had some great chats with you guys on here and I wish you all the best with your Aronas but for me it's
time to sign off!
All the very best to you all 馃檪

Arona 1.0 115 dsg technology

Registered
Hi Pops.
Sad to see you go.
I hope that I am ok with my DSG, I am used to the DSG from my golf, that does seems to work OK.
Surprised if its adjusted that low for changing.
Well time will tell and see if I get the same issues.
But I leave my Golf in Sport mode, and Dynamic for the gearbox, and occasionally just swap it into Sport mode on the box.
otherwise I never touch the other settings. only ever used eco mode twice on the golf, and individual seating would be the same as sport mode anyway.
Did you not consider moving to a 6 speed manual box Arona instead?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Gaza, yes I did consider a manual Arona but, as others on here have mentioned
actually getting hold of any variant is proving impossible at the moment!
I have to say that after owning 3 previous dsg cars I've never encountered this phenomenon before!
But having spoken to Seat and Volkswagen it seems that this is normal so live with it!
Thanks for your good wishes 馃檪

Registered
I will also be saying goodbye as my arona has been sold today. I've found some useful information on here and hopefully been able to help as well. It's a shame it's had to go but there are many reasons of which I'm sure some of you are aware. Thank you and enjoy.

Registered
Dolphin You take care and All the Best, Welcome to drop in on the site anytime regardless..

Registered
SERIOUSLY?!!!! A Ford! Are you sure you had an Arona! Mind you, some seemingly ordinary decent working people voted Brexit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts