Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening all,
I am a retired ex Mechanic MOT Tester , unfortunately due to a couple of Strokes and now being registered sight impaired I no longer drive but my wife does. She currently drives an 05 diesel Xsara Picasso which, despite what you hear about Fence cars, has been very reliable and she loves it.
I have recently become eligible to apply for a Motability car and given the Picasso is getting a bit long in the tooth and I have problems working on the car (due to my eyesight) I am wondering whether to lease an Arona under the Motability scheme which covers maintenance etc.
My wife likes the higher driving position of an Suv/MPV and I think the Arona may fit the bill?
Not quite sure what model / engine to go for so any advice would be welcome. Do any of them come with a jack/spare wheel? I am always wary of not having a spare after ripping a sidewall open on a Cornish country lane some years ago. A spray can would be useless in such a situation.
Thanks for any advice.
Plonk

Registered
Hi. I believe they come with a space saver but not 100% even though my wife has an FR spec one on order.... If it ever arrives. My wife has her cars through the Motability scheme, the Arona will be her 7th or 8th car on the scheme as it works for us knowing that everything is sorted out for you. The only thing you have to sort yourself is putting fuel in it. We have never had any problems with Motability. They get you back on the road within hours if you have a bump or break down by sorting out hire cars straight away etc. Some people feel it is cheaper to by a car privately but we prefer to have motability due to the fact it really is hastle free motoring. If you have any questions about being on motability then feel free to ask as I might know the answer...... but might not. 馃榿

Registered
The latest price lists shows a space saving spare wheel as an 拢100 option.

Registered
If your not too fussy about the wheel being brand new there is always quite a few knocking around on eBay that aren't too old or even check the price of one with Skoda or vw as may be cheaper but will be the right pattern/size.

Registered
All models come as standard with a foam can emergency inflator kit, a space saving steel rim wheel is available as a cost option of 拢110 inc vat.

Registered
Sorry I must have seen something from the European site that said space savers are standard. We really should have looked into the details of this car before ordering. That's what happens when you go into a dealership to buy an Ibiza and come out ordering an Arona on launch day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts