Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Still considering the Arona.
I am wondering if any members can give their opinion in the above engine.

I drive mainly A roads. Motorways only on long journeys . Quite a bit of country roads too.

I do about 10,000 miles a year.

Thanks in anticipation.

Mike

·
Registered
539 Posts
I haven't tried that version in Arona, my test drive was the 115 tsi DSG

However had a 1 litre manual in a loan Fabia whilst my car was serviced, very peppy, was just me in the car and no luggage so wasn't heavily loaded
I did find that some of the gear ratios seem to be right on cusp at certain town speed limits, so often never quite felt in correct gear. Arona gearing might be different, but worth checking on a test drive.

However I'm used to driving a DSG equipped car which has more power, more gears which keeps engine in sweet spot, and is brilliant, and considerably less stressful to drive (helpful on edge of London), so maybe I'm not best judge

·
Registered
355 Posts
I test drove the 95hp Arona, and then the 115tsi later. The 95 drove well in the city environment, just took a bit more heavy throttle to get it going on a dual carriageway.
If you like to go a bit sporty sometimes on some B roads then I would say the 115tsi is better. punchier engine better acceleration.
the 95 is good, but the 115 is just that much better and worth the penny extra.
But if your limited on price, then the 95 is still a good choice.
I am going to miss my golf for long motorway journeys as it is a 2.0TDi 150bhp, so but as 90% in town and short distance, it does not make sense to have a Diesel anymore, I'm dropping to the 115Tsi Arona.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's useful, thanks.
I have a 1.6 focus at 98bhp at the present.
It sounds about the same, maybe a little less power

·
Registered
355 Posts
The Arona is probably a little lighter then your current Focus, So you may not not the difference, the 3 cylinder engine does have a thrum to it, but on a cruise its quiet. get to a hill and you may have to drop a cog with 95hp. 115TSi will give that extra bit of oomph.
if you have family then then I would go for the 115TSi, as would be better with a full car.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A quick update now I have the car.

- It drives much better than my old Focus 1.6
- It's a gutsy little engine
- I agree with my Seat salesman that it's all that is needed if you do mainly local A roads and a bit of motorway driving
- 4 up you need to use the gears a little more than 2 up
- Compared to my ford focus 1.6l petrol zetec 98bhp I use the gears a lot less, only changing down for steeper hills and slower speeds.
- 5th gear fine at around 30mph

·
Registered
355 Posts
Glad your enjoying it.
I had a Cross UP in Germany with 75hp and that was gutsy too, remarkable little 3 cylinder engine.
I pick up my Arona on Friday afternoon, 115TSi DSG so can't wait, its been 6 month wit for the car. and finally it is here.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Hi
Had my 95 Arona since March and while I only have two people in it its no problem quite quick of the Mark but I feel it at 50 to 60 Mph when you want to overtake its slightly underpowered .
I took somebody to the airport with luggage and again I felt the lack of power
I would have Loved to have gone for the 115 engine But not a option only by changing models
Did not want the FR as harder suspension and sports seat
Excellence would have been my choice but could not live with the white dash
And excellence lux I thought was to expensive and don't want keyless ignition
But will keeps it for a while as it this or the Renault capture for garage size

1 - 9 of 9 Posts