Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seriously considering getting the new EXCELLENCE Ist Edition rear and back windows professionally tinted (Mildly)
But It's always helpful to see what the end product will look like before hand.

Has any owner taken this step yet ?

Photos might be useful.......Anyone else also considering going this route..?

Regards,

Boris

(Enjoying the weather here in Belfast for a few more days - then driving the car back to Wiltshire (where It's even warmer I'm informed)

I'm antipating that Arona lights are as good as I've been told.....Any comments?)

·
Registered
73 Posts
I went to Pentagon for my tint (Midnight) £150 lifetime guarantee for back and rear side windows. Very pleased with it.

I had a Leon FR 2014 with LED lights, I find the Arona are brighter, excellent.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Ive had my Excellence Lux tinted this morning. Looks So much better.
Shame the Weather is so dull today, had to adjust the colour in the pics.

Before the Tint. (Picture from 2 weeks ago on a bright sunny day)
IMG_1135.jpg

Afterward
IMG_1172.jpg
IMG_1171.jpg

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very smart GAZZAB, but how will you see where you are driving once you've applied sound deadening material....?
I believe that most of the noise , not all but most, comes through the glass, much from the wing mirrors of course, and a lot from the tarmac - which is evident by the volume decrease / increase when the road surface changes....

As a matter of interest - have you noticed many vehicles that have the rear lights on with the DRLs ? Not many, so a huge tick in the box for the ARONA!

Boris.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Not sure it is advisable to put it on the windows somehow. (But very funny of you nonetheless)
And sound deadening is to stop mechanical resonance not transmutable sound.
To stop that you then need to apply a layer of Acoustic blocking material.
a lot of noise once from panels that resonant, adding deadening to these stops the mechanical vibration, thus reducing the Decibel level.
As the DB scale is not linear, for every 3% the sound intensity reduces by 50%, but the perceived sound is about 18% reduction.
Sound deadening can reduce the sound intensity by 5-7% which is a reduction of perceived sound about 33-35% in cabin.
Adding in additional acoustic mat can reduce this further +12% which is +56% perceived reduction.
the wind noise is actually more mechanical vibration amplifying sound, so if can damp the panel where the mirrors are attached then possible to cut down on this sound.
All other noise through the windows it is difficult to stop, but by cutting of sound coming from other areas of the body work will greatly improve the sound quality with in the Car.

I hope that this explanation will help you understand the properties of sound the ways it pass and uses materials to amplify sound.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just a quick question. I had the impression that the Arona that I ordered has back windows tinted. Isn't that true for all trims?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Only the FR and FR Sport have the 65% factory tints.
Mine is the Excellence Lux and as you can see from the photos it does not come with tined back windows.
They have a very light tint, but it is not great.

When you read the specs, it shows that the FR has dark tinted read windows(Upgrade from SE TECH)
Xcellence and LUX do not have this mentioned, NOTE: That these are also upgrade trim from SE TECH model.

So S, SE, SE TECH, Xcellence, Xcellence Lux - Just come with standard windows tint all round.

About Window tints: This is from the Government website. Web link below.

Details

This guide provides information to motorists and tinting companies to make sure they operate within the law.

If your vehicle has got tinted vehicle windows, the front windscreen must let at least 75% of light through and the front side windows 70%.

There are no rules for tinting the rear windscreen or rear passenger windows.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/tinted-windows-information

·
Registered
156 Posts
Daniel,

You need to properly check out the specifications for Malta, I have had a quick look and one part of the Malta on line literature showed tinted glass as optional on all specs whilst another part had it standard on the Excellence.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Let us all be clear on where we are located.
As different countries have a different buying method.
Here in the UK we have NO OPTIONS. Only a Model choice with the listed options already applied.
In Germany this is not the case, as everything is an option.
This again could be different from other counties.
It is BEST that you check the Specifications in your COUNTRY.
Or if you do Ask on the Forum, Please make sure that you advise which Country you are in. As then the advise given can reflect specific for you.

So my advise would be to pull the brochure for your country specifications from the country specific SEAT website.
Also contact your dealer or Seat Customer service for your country. They should be able to tell you the specifications and if you can order an options within your country.
otherwise any information given here, would be incorrect as we all would tell you our own specific country specs.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks Gazza and Keith and sorry that I did not make it clear where I am located. Will let you know when it arrives but as far as I know it should have a black tint (at the back) here in Malta.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Boris said:
Seriously considering getting the new EXCELLENCE Ist Edition rear and back windows professionally tinted (Mildly)
But It's always helpful to see what the end product will look like before hand.

Has any owner taken this step yet ?

Photos might be useful.......Anyone else also considering going this route..?

Regards,

Boris

(Enjoying the weather here in Belfast for a few more days - then driving the car back to Wiltshire (where It's even warmer I'm informed)

I'm antipating that Arona lights are as good as I've been told.....Any comments?)
did you tint the windows?
any pics?

·
Registered
14 Posts
GazzaB said:
Ive had my Excellence Lux tinted this morning. Looks So much better.
Shame the Weather is so dull today, had to adjust the colour in the pics.

Before the Tint. (Picture from 2 weeks ago on a bright sunny day)
IMG_1135.jpg

Afterward
IMG_1172.jpg
IMG_1171.jpg
Looks good

what % is this tint?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts