Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
If you mean the road signs which state the speed limit, then yes, it will recognise these.

I believe the current speed limit is only shown on the infotainment screen when the navigation is selected, rather than in the digital cockpit.

·
Registered
538 Posts
No it doesn't have this, that would require a forward camera. I assume you mean the one that shows reminders of triangular warning sign you have just passed.

The speed limit on the maps is part of the map, and is not accurate as it doesn't include recent limit changes

·
Registered
122 Posts
Thanks Snowdaddy. Yes, I meant 'recognise' via the speed limit info with the maps, rather than via a camera. Although it may be the question arose because TSR is (was?) a feature on some Ateca Xcellence Luxes, using a forward camera behind the rear view mirror. As mentioned here: https://www.seat.com/car-terms/t/traffic-sign-recognition.html

Not sure how much value such a feature would add in practice.

·
Registered
28 Posts
When scrolling through the items on my digi dash yesterday, below speed was 'road signs' it's never been there before so I selected it and had a message saying something like no road signs identified... got back in the car later and it had disappeared off the menu... how strange 😂

1 - 5 of 5 Posts