Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I'm a new member and waiting for my arona SE 1.0 technology I've been told it's been built and in transit from the factory.how long does it take to reach the dealership ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was already ordered by another dealer as they work together locally. if I was to order it I was told the wait would be eighteen weeks, but luckily the king's Lynn dealer of Duff Morgan near Norwich had one on order so I'm having that. I was told two weeks ago it had been built and in transit heard nothing since.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Once built, moved by train, few hours later to a huge multi-storey parking storage facility at Barcelona docks. At the docks have to await ship so this can vary from couple of days to couple of weeks depending on ship schedule.

Once on a ship, it takes about 8-12days to reach UK port, the further north you are, longer it takes. Ships often call at Setebal (near Lisbon) where the factory that makes Alhambra (and other VW group vehicles) is located, then unloads at Sheerness, Grimsby and Tyne. Each stop adds about a day.

Once off the ship, cars have to await a transporter going to your dealer, say another 3-14 days (depends on filling transporters). The dealer then needs to do a PDI inspection (allow 2 service Dept working days).

Therefore estimate 5 weeks from build (but expect it to vary by upto a week)

If you know when it loaded on a ship, can use vessel tracker websites to follow the ship, might be on Aquarius Ace (or might not), eta at Sheerness Tuesday. It's a big ship and can carry something like 5000 cars

There is a factory summer break weeks 32-34 (roughly 6-26 Aug), cars built after this production break expected to be to MY19 spec

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got my arona at last, it took five weeks to get to my dealer after being told it had been built, got to wait one more week for it to be ready.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Received email from Seat Customers Manager confirming vehicle has been built and in transit from factory. Stating 2-3 weeks to reach Aberdeen dealer. Ordered on 20th Feb. Issue now is 18 plate or 68, will see what dealer has to offer.☺.

Seat Arona FR Sport -Nevada white -Black roof.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.