Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, my 68reg 1.0 115 seems to consistently err on the side of optimism when it reports MPG on the trip computer. The last couple of tankfuls have shown 45mpg or thereabouts. But when I work out the figures for myself it's more like 40mpg. Has anyone else noticed this inaccuracy?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all, my 68reg 1.0 115 seems to consistently err on the side of optimism when it reports MPG on the trip computer. The last couple of tankfuls have shown 45mpg or thereabouts. But when I work out the figures for myself it's more like 40mpg. Has anyone else noticed this inaccuracy?
Hi Redaronaowner,
I don't own an Arona yet but I am on the lookout for one, and I have been looking up the reviews on them and they all seem to say that the mpg is around 45. have you still found that it's doing around 40mpg?
I know that the 110bhp does slightly more to the gallon.
Also, reviews on youtube are saying that the 95bhp has no power, but the 110 is great on motorways and pulling up hills, what's your opinion?
Thanks in advance bevbonwick

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Redaronaowner,
I don't own an Arona yet but I am on the lookout for one, and I have been looking up the reviews on them and they all seem to say that the mpg is around 45. have you still found that it's doing around 40mpg?
Also, reviews on youtube are saying that the 95bhp has no power, but the 110 is great on motorways and pulling up hills, what's your opinion?
Well I've only worked the figures out on the last 2 tankfuls, but both showed 45mpg on the trip computer but was actually nearer 40. On good runs the computer can show over 50. I suppose it all depends on your mix of driving. I've got no complaints with the 110 engine at all. With the DSG gearbox it's very quiet and smooth and has plenty of pulling power. Perhaps not the quickest away from a standing start but once you're moving it's got lots of oomph.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well I've only worked the figures out on the last 2 tankfuls, but both showed 45mpg on the trip computer but was actually nearer 40. On good runs the computer can show over 50. I suppose it all depends on your mix of driving. I've got no complaints with the 110 engine at all. With the DSG gearbox it's very quiet and smooth and has plenty of pulling power. Perhaps not the quickest away from a standing start but once you're moving it's got lots of oomph.
Great, thanks for that,
I currently have a Nissan note 57 plate 1.4 petrol, its done 91000 miles and I get 40.4 mpg, I only do short journeys and live in surrey so quite good county roads, and of course with the price of petrol I didn't want a car that was going to use more, and the Arona is a good looking car. Also is the ride height quite high, as I have a back problem and need a car that's really easy to get in and out of.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great, thanks for that,
I currently have a Nissan note 57 plate 1.4 petrol, its done 91000 miles and I get 40.4 mpg, I only do short journeys and live in surrey so quite good county roads, and of course with the price of petrol I didn't want a car that was going to use more, and the Arona is a good looking car. Also is the ride height quite high, as I have a back problem and need a car that's really easy to get in and out of.
Yes, no problems, nice easy access and a slightly elevated ride height. Compared to my previous car (a Renault Clio) it feels much higher. The ride is comfortable too. All in all I think it's a great car.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Great, thanks for that,
My overall MPG from new is 49.2 with the 110 engine. Most of my driving trips are around 10miles each way on rural roads and I've never got lower than an average 47mpg between top-ups. I'd expect the driving pattern you mention should see over 45mpg easily.
In my view ride height is excellent and I find it a very easy car to get in and out of but be aware there are no grab handles above the doors. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Hi Redaronaowner,
The mpg varies lots with driving style, traffic densities, and a bit with temperature.

Early on when I had my Arona, I checked it on my regular commute (which was about 12 miles in outer London - Surrey traffic), a route with few traffic lights (this was before Covid). It was normally getting about 37-41mpg, but on quieter times (when not doing it in rush hour) I got nearer 43-47mpg. However I did find putting in super unleaded could increase this by about 13% (it pulls better at lower revs, so DSG box doesn’t change down quite as far)

Since moving to a rural area, I now tend to get 43-49mpg. But with less change of speed super leaded only seems to add about 8% to mileage.

However the change from E5 to E10 normal unleaded seemed to knock bit off mileage, so when available (at not more than 15p extra) I use E5 super and am getting high 40s (and sometimes low 50s mpg on a steady run).

At the other end of the scale, once drove into South London on a Sunday, roadworks caused gridlock, took over 2 hours to do a 15 mile journey, vast amounts of creeping in first gear, and car was indicating an average of something like 23mpg. About half of normal. So just proves traffic determines it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've got a 71 plate Experience Lux , 1.0 DSG, 110. Picked it up last October, New and it's just had it's first service today at just under 10k miles.
For the first few months (new car and it was winter) it was doing between 40 - 45mpg with high 40's on a motorway run. Now it's settled down and the weather is warmer it does over 50 pretty much anywhere apart from in town.
We've just come back from a weeks holiday in Wales, doing over 1200 miles in a week, and the car averaged 50mpg pootling around the hilly lanes, then on the long motorway run back cruising at 73mph (two up with a weeks worth of crap, full boot and back seat) it said 53/54 mpg all the way. The fuel tank gives an average range of 430 - 460 to a tank full.
Strangely I've tried super unleaded a few times, and it made no difference to the mpg whatsoever. I put 3 tank fulls through it to give the ECU time to get used to it, using supermarket and premium fuels, but no difference at all.

·
Registered
12 Posts
fr sport 1 lit 110 manual had for nearly 15 months on A roads 54 mpg easy normal driving, take it steady and have seen 60 mpg , on motorway at 70 , 53 mpg , and i have found the trip to be very accurate always fill tank to full and reset trip ,As eccles has said have tried super 97 and found no difference between it and 95 in mpg ,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts