Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i got my Arona and drove for first time without a passenger i couldn't believe the rattle/noise i was hearing, almost constant and particularly over bumps. I thought it was in the passenger side door, I immediately brought it back to the dealer and quickly they determined that it was the passenger seat belt anchor. A thump on the passenger seat would create the twangy rattle. I just packed a cleaning cloth between the anchor and the seat to stop it. They ordered and subsequently replaced this anchor. I'm noticing it now that there is a slight amount of noise returning. if i hold it gently with my finger it stops. It's only a minor thing now but i'm curious if others are experiencing this, especially since mine has been replaced. I

·
Registered
68 Posts
You never told us the follow up story to the drive shaft issue or was that a wind up [too]? With all these noises, hard to keep up. ;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The drive shaft is being changed this Friday. I'll let you know after if it's sorted. That's the serious issue. It doesn't sound healthy.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Your garage sound very quick and generous with the replacement of suspect parts. You must give us their name.

I have heard of wheel bearing [ 'cojinete' if you speak Spanish] failure in a new car but for the drive shaft to fail so early on sounds the worst type of Friday afternoon vehicle. Had a new Passat like that in the past.

Squeaks in the plastic to plastic dashboard area will be the next thing your ears will pick up so I prescribe some silicone lubricant. Good stuff but don't get it on pedals , steering wheel etc and beware inhaling the solvent carrier. Great stuff for window channels and tyre side walls.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well according to the dealer they looked up their online technical support and they have a technical advisory saying that it is down to the driveshaft and a combination of ambient temperature and engine temperature. Its supposed to get worse the warmer the engine but i feel it's the opposie. Anyway it's their response to the rattle under warranty. So if it doesn't solve it then its back to the drawing board. I feel it is the casue though.
As regards a Friday afternoon car you might be on to something. The car I got was a promo car registered end of November last year for press review. It's an Xcellence Lux model. I bought it in March with 1500Km on it. I'm based in Ireland.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi, mynameismanuel. Congratulations on getting the high spec model . You have a very good package there if these teething troubles can be ironed out.

My dealer said he was not allowed to sell the 2017 vehicles which they used just for demos but others may have got round that as I have seen the odd Arona with a 67 plate over here.

Have visited both the North and the South, most recently a son's wedding in Cork. Good luck with the warranty replacements. They are clearly doing their very best to look after you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.