Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked my new Arona up 3 weeks ago & still cannot find correct tyre pressures. The sticker on the inside of the passenger door refers to 18inch wheels but mine has 17 inch wheels, so surely these do not refer to my vehicle. Checked the pressures today & they were 40psi in the front & 38 psi in the rear. No wonder the suspension felt hard! Does anyone have any idea what the tyre pressures should be for my model?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Hi Just been through the manuals and no mention of tyre pressures it says read the sticker which seem a poor show for a manual
so that is the only way will check mine latter today

·
Registered
156 Posts
Your sticker is probably correct for your car, although confusing.

The T125/60 R18 on the bottom line refers to the 18inch narrow spare that is fitted with the beats audio system.

My FR with 17 inch wheels states pressures of 38psi front and 35 psi rears with 3 people and light luggage and 38 fronts and 39 rears with a full load of 5 people and full luggage.

There is a third set of pressures when lightly loaded at 33 fronts and 31 rears with a large i against it I can find no information on this anywhere but assume it is if you want a softer ride. If anybody has a better idea please shout!

·
Registered
420 Posts
IMG_1730.JPG

Here is mine interested to see what the separate pressure with the I symbol is also it shows the spare separate

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the information guys. I've reduced the pressure on mine to 36 psi front & 33psi rear & can immediately feel the difference in ride quality; it's so much better. Maybe it's a matter of try & see bearing in mind the big difference quoted between full load pressure & comfort pressure.

·
Registered
109 Posts
keitht said:
There is a third set of pressures when lightly loaded at 33 fronts and 31 rears with a large i against it I can find no information on this anywhere but assume it is if you want a softer ride. If anybody has a better idea please shout!
The "i" is in the top section of the sticker next to a suspension picture. You are right Keith, this is the setting for a "comfort" setting and as clear as mud.

·
Registered
156 Posts
And I thought that was a thermometer, with a downward arrow to remind you to check the pressures when the tyres are cold!

Why can't they just repeat format of the sticker in the manual with a full explanation?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've driven to Spain am back with a med load in terms of weight and went 36 all round for ease of driving Spain, where I went for 2.5 bar, found all round comfort for safety.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi Guys

Probably like the rest of you I looked at that and wondered the same and then realised that it must mean "Comfort Mode".

I did set the tyres to those pressures but very quickly the following day reverted back to 2.6 for the fronts and 2.4 for the rears. I didn't like the way the tyres fell over going round corners it felt like I was running on 4 donuts.

Personal preference I suppose, the better stability offered in corners, turns in so much better, off sets the harder ride. And to be honest I didn't notice that much of a softer ride but I did notice the wallowy cornering and even some straight line stability on the motorway.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi guys,
I have the Arona tdi 95hp and a I've just came up from measuring the tyres, mine are 38psi front and 35 back. (Got it last week) In road holes it hits a little hard but when I'm pressing the tyres with the thumb or when moving the car from the roof they seem to be soft. In fast driving they feel really good.
My Arona is wearing the Hankook ventus prime 3. I think it's a soft tyre so these pressures must alright..

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think the 'i' pictures are indicating cold weather - low thermometer.
So it's the lower pressures for cold conditions. The manual confusingly talks about winter tyres.
38/35psi for me.

·
Registered
109 Posts
ChrisDevrell said:
I think the 'i' pictures are indicating cold weather - low thermometer.
So it's the lower pressures for cold conditions. The manual confusingly talks about winter tyres.
38/35psi for me.
See back in the thread. The "i" is a comfort setting and nothing to do with temperature. Think of it as the lowest recommended pressure if you prefer a softer ride.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.