Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
My new Arona FR tsi 1.5 has been delivered to me with grossly under inflated tyres according to the sticker on the door. I am at a loss to understand this sticker. Does anyone know what the second row of pressures means..ie the one with the information sign after it?
Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that.....I will try both and see.

·
Registered
5 Posts
When I checked my Arona tyre pressures not long after I first got it they were all different.

Glad I checked them cause the showroom didn't

·
Registered
68 Posts
Got a puncture while abroad and the screw was left in and tyre pumped daily till free to get a repair locally, which did the trick and cost Eur 29 inc balancing etc.

have learned that tyre pressure monitoring will not show a pressure loss until the car is on the road and ABS operating so it can be detected. So it's back to eyeballing the tyres from time to time.

Car still running well but Sat Nav continues to demand map reading and route decision so she can be ignored when offering a small distance saving when trying to stick to main roads and routes, which most of us prefer, I'm guessing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a tyre pressure warning come up on my FRSPORT so i checked the tyres and the pressures were all 26 so i reset the system but on reading the label on the left hand front doorpost it says that they should be 39 front and 36 rear which seems very high given that i have driven nearly 4000 miles since we got the car in May and have had no complaints about the ride. I went to the local Seat dealer at Crawley and spoke to the girl on service reception and she was unable to help suggesting that people adjust them according to what they prefer, i have never heard anything like that before and it doesn't answer the question of why they are 26 all round and presumably have been since i got the car in May. I need to know that 39/36 is correct but it seems very high given that the ride is quite hard anyway.

·
Registered
182 Posts
tonyM75 said:
I had a tyre pressure warning come up on my FRSPORT so i checked the tyres and the pressures were all 26 so i reset the system but on reading the label on the left hand front doorpost it says that they should be 39 front and 36 rear which seems very high given that i have driven nearly 4000 miles since we got the car in May and have had no complaints about the ride. I went to the local Seat dealer at Crawley and spoke to the girl on service reception and she was unable to help suggesting that people adjust them according to what they prefer, i have never heard anything like that before and it doesn't answer the question of why they are 26 all round and presumably have been since i got the car in May. I need to know that 39/36 is correct but it seems very high given that the ride is quite hard anyway.
Although mine is an Xcellence rather than an FR my tyre pressures are normally 2.6BAR (38PSI) front and 2.4BAR (35PSI) rear. 2.6BAR all round is fine. If you were driving on 26PSI you certainly notice a difference resulting in poor roadholding. Note the different units used and the decimal point on the BAR figure.

·
Registered
449 Posts
You must run at the recommended pressure or higher... any less and you run the risk of the tyre coming off the rim, or a blowout :shock:

·
Registered
182 Posts
tasioskis said:
and what is the recommended pressure?
Depends on your particular tyres. The recommended pressures for your car are shown on the label located upon the door pillar of the front left-hand door.

·
Registered
449 Posts
tasioskis said:
unfortunately i dont have any label to my car , is xcellence 10/2019 115PS dsg , and the tyres are 205/55r/17
Have you checked both doors? should be near the catch (door open)

Failing that, will be written on the tyre... as well as in your handbook.

·
Registered
539 Posts
tasioskis said:
unfortunately i dont have any label to my car , is xcellence 10/2019 115PS dsg , and the tyres are 205/55r/17
Usually on door frame, visible when door is open
But for right hand drive cars will be on passenger side as don't seem to swap sides

3 rows, normal, Eco and heavily laden
Probably 2.6 bar (38psi) front, 2.4 bar (35 psi) rear for normal use

·
Registered
182 Posts
tasioskis said:
I have the same model as yours except with a manual g/box. 'Snowdaddy's' figures are correct for mine so should also be correct for your DSG version.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Freshly taken from my dsg !

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hg4107culb8757b/IMG_20191130_153757.jpg?dl=0

1 - 16 of 16 Posts