Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I have a 2019 Seat Arona and have not updated my SatNav. Is this easy to do? Any instructions? Thanks for your help

·
Registered
33 Posts
Links to maps are on here somewhere just use search,below are the instructions I used.

Step 1: Copy the "maps" folder from the SD to your desktop and rename the folder to "maps-backup".
Step 2: Delete the contents of the SD (DO NOT format, simply right click the "maps" folder and click delete).
Step 3: Copy the "maps" folder from the downloaded update folder to the SD (This might take a while).
Next, a single file needs to be copied from the backup to the SD.
Step 4: Copy the "overall.nds" file from the ECC/ECC_WLD folder in "maps-backup" to the same folder on the SD.
When asked if you wish to overwrite the "overall.nds" file, click yes.

The SD is now ready to be used in the car.

If it all goes wrong and doesn't work...

Step 1: Delete the contents of the SD (DO NOT format, simply right click the "maps" folder and click delete).
Step 2: Copy the "maps-backup" folder from your desktop to the SD (This might take a while).
Step 3: Rename the "maps-backup" folder on the SD to "maps

·
Registered
451 Posts
Yes it's easy.... Forum has several threads.

·
Registered
39 Posts
BigFatPaulie said:
Yes it's easy.... Forum has several threads.
...but can we no longer get the map that is on the original SD card, which has every country in Europe on it, or must we delete all those countries and only have the ones that we select from the download choices? For example, I live in Spain but also travel to France, Germany and Italy. So I download Spain, France, Germany and Italy but if I have to go to Portugal next week, I then have to add Portugal with another download, as opposed to what I have now where all of Europe is on the SD card?

·
Registered
451 Posts
I strongly advise you use Google maps with android auto (or whatever the apple equivalent is) .. seat maps aren't all that anyway !

·
Registered
122 Posts
BigFatPaulie said:
I strongly advise you use Google maps with android auto (or whatever the apple equivalent is) .. seat maps aren't all that anyway !
For info, Google recently announced that Android Auto is to be discontinued. Its features will be built in to Google Maps.

·
Registered
39 Posts
stottycabanas said:
BigFatPaulie said:
For info, Google recently announced that Android Auto is to be discontinued. Its features will be built in to Google Maps.
How does that work? Bear in mine that I'm an old git who isn't all the up to speed with technology. I do have TomTom with free updates so I'll probably revert to that.

·
Registered
451 Posts
pladecalvo said:
stottycabanas said:
BigFatPaulie said:
How does that work? Bear in mine that I'm an old git who isn't all the up to speed with technology. I do have TomTom with free updates so I'll probably revert to that.
It looks and does the same thing as android auto from what i can see...
You plug the phone in via a cable, and your Google maps and other compatible apps are available on your car screen. (Deezer, Spotify etc )
It's very good, give it a go pladecalvo... Providing you have an Android phone of course :D

There is an alternative for something called "apple" ? :roll:

·
Registered
39 Posts
BigFatPaulie said:
pladecalvo said:
stottycabanas said:
It looks and does the same thing as android auto from what i can see...
You plug the phone in via a cable, and your Google maps and other compatible apps are available on your car screen. (Deezer, Spotify etc )
It's very good, give it a go pladecalvo... Providing you have an Android phone of course :D

There is an alternative for something called "apple" ? :roll:
Yes. I have Android. I tried it yesterday. I use Telegram for messaging and the screen told me that I had a voice massage. I tapped on it and it played, but it keeps playing in a loop and I can't stop it. No matter what I have on the screen, the bloody message is playing in a loop. I deleted the message from my phone but it's still playing! I can't see any way to delete it from Android. Any ideas?

The other problem with me using Google maps is that I don't have unlimited internet data.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Shows my memory is shit lol,If i use Google Maps i download the route to my phone before setting off so you dont need unlimited data

·
Registered
451 Posts
I have google.maps on most of the time... Hardly uses any data, I'd not be too confident in preloading maps either as the beauty of gm is the live updates on traffic and accidents etc, so would still use a little data.
SIM only deals are so cheap nowdays...treat yourself to an upgrade !
I have 6gig for £6 a month... And it barely makes a dent in that !

·
Registered
122 Posts
Paulie, is there any way of getting round the fact that navigating on Google Maps via Android Auto you only get a small proportion of the display where you can see the map? I fiddled with the settings to no avail.
That's why I prefer the SEAT navigation where pretty much the whole display is used for the map. Incidentally, the SEAT navigation rerouted me around traffic on the M6 recently.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Hiboost said:
£6 for 6gb? that's expensive, I get 12gb for £8 with 3
I had a great deal with 3 as well, then they decided to scrap my deal and jack the bill...so I jumped ship, now my phone works on the other half of the UK too :lol:

·
Registered
451 Posts
stottycabanas said:
Paulie, is there any way of getting round the fact that navigating on Google Maps via Android Auto you only get a small proportion of the display where you can see the map? I fiddled with the settings to no avail.
That's why I prefer the SEAT navigation where pretty much the whole display is used for the map. Incidentally, the SEAT navigation rerouted me around traffic on the M6 recently.
Not sure what you mean.... It's more or less full screen, but now I'm doubting myself !

·
Registered
39 Posts
stottycabanas said:
..... on Google Maps via Android Auto you only get a small proportion of the display where you can see the map?
I have the same problem
The map only shows on less than half my screen. The rest of the map is obscured by two large text boxes.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Mine did that last week, couldn't find how to get back to full screen.
The next time I went out it was back to full screen?
Too much San Miguel perhaps…

1 - 20 of 31 Posts