Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I swapped a vw golf gt for my Arona. With the golf came useful connection cables for phone and iPad. Where are they in this car? Do I have to buy them myself?
What's the point having connections with no means of connecting anything?

Any advise?

·
Registered
538 Posts
The Arona comes with 2 standard USB sockets, but depending on brand (and age) of phone the leads are different, I had bought a spare lead for previous car so just transferred it. Some big supermarkets sell leads, as do computer and phone shops, or just order online.

On mine can just put the phone in the tray and it starts charging automatically, however this wireless charging does seem to make the phone warm so prefer to charge it at home with the cable

Haven't yet found a use for second socket, but presumably a passenger could plug a phone or tablet in

·
Registered
36 Posts
I use one USB for cable to connect phone for using android auto which also gives me amazon music, Spotify, Google maps etc. Other usb for a stick full of music, the sd card slot is also full of music so never short of something to listen to especially if I loose signal.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I have an iPhone, and got a small usb to lightning cable and use that. it works great.
You can use the original cables, Wouldn't buy from SEAT as the price will be a lot more.
Just get a short cable from a phone shop.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all your replies.
Still amazed that SEAT don't supply any cables !

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi Cello9,
Your phone can operate must functions via Bluetooth and as for charging there's obviously the wireless charging pad on the centre dash if you have a bang up to date phone .

Not sure what universal type of cable would be available they could supply but I've also bought some 20cm lightening USB network cables from one of the large online retailers for around £10 the pair both for Android and iPhone which are useful to charge our phones via the 2 x usb ports as our current phones are not compatible with the wireless charging and they sit on top of the charging pod charging with the mini network cables to the clutter.

But when connected by Bluetooth apart from the full telephone system the centre scrolling screens also shows your phones network status etc and also on the main screen shows useful stuff like the battery life of your phone when lifted slightly from the wireless charging area.

If you need to Mirror your phone to the main screen you will need a USB cable to use the
Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
355 Posts
VW never suppled cables they were a cost item to purchase.
none of the manufacturers give cables free, they are in business to make money.

·
Registered
77 Posts
If you had cables supplied with the VW then why not use those cables in the Arona unless you left them in the VW when you PXed it.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Because the cables in my Golf (Which I had to buy) where not USB, the where VW Media connection cables. So they were not any good for this car.
as the connection type/plug was totally different.
I already had purchased a Short lighting cable for my portable PowerPack so I actually used this in the car, and it works great.
but the standard cable works as well.

·
Registered
77 Posts
My question was to the original poster but that explains why he got the cables supplied with the car as they were peculiar to VW.
I have an android phone so needed a ubiquitous USB lead for the Arona. I have a draw full of those and wouldn't expect any to be provided with the car.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The two cables supplied FREE with my 2014 mk7 golf gt were usb cables !!! I left them in the car when Pt xchanged assuming SEAT cars would also provide their own.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Not sympathising with this gripe. My Samsung S8 lead has a different end shape from my previous Samsung so a standard lead wouldn't suit everyone. And they're so cheap. Plus not everyone will use a lead since there's wireless charging and the Bluetooth option

·
Registered
14 Posts
USB ports in my new Arona are not standard they are type USB C to USB A, when I picked up the car I had two boxes in the dash, one is a USB C to USB A adapter and the other was an adapter for iPhone.

The car is a mobility lease so not sure if that makes any difference, I would check with your dealer if these should have been supplied with the car?

I have found however if I try to plug in my dashcam to the USB C to USB A adapter dashcam treats the connections as a media transfer to a PC so will not function as a dashcam, did enquire at local Seat dealer cost to hardwire dashcam (I would supply hard wire cable and route all wires) quoted me £86 + VAT!

So USB cigarette lighter connection with an additional USB port in the top, (£4.99) eBay... USB C to USB A are avaiable on eBay @ £3.99

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi,

Some models do come with a seat multi ended cable. It would be somthing you ask when you buy the car I.e. "what can you throw in for free or give me a top deal on" (mats, usb cable or grephene/ceramic coating) I have the FR sport and only got standard mats in there, it's called negotiation,VWAG are a business it would of been a complimentary thing getting the cables in your Golf especially the GT but at the end of the day never just expect something free from any dealer especially a cable you get one with your phone 😂. unless you're buying the high end version, my dads mate got an excellance lux that got the usb cable. Also the reason they're type C is because new phones come with type C to Type C That's what I got with my S21 not even a charger. USB type C is a faster data transfer go to amazon ab buy an anker high speed Cable costs around 8 quid.

As far as the Dash cam question, Seat use next base dash cams even if you provide the same model they would fit they will charge you full labour cost and any charge for wiring they need to use to hardwire If you don't have the full kit. I enquired If you buy it from SEAT then the cost from my dealer is £119 instead of charging full hour they only charge around 30-45 minutes. Part of it is complimentary and also their dash cam even if its the same will be guaranteed and come under the cars warranty. A cam provided by you they cannot do that as it just can't be guaranteed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts