Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am new to the forum.

I ordered my Arona xcellance at start of Feb garage had called to say still no build date yet 馃槶

Was just wondering how long people are being told there car will take?

Here is a picture of my colour i hope its not a popular choice 馃檲馃槀
5B2F8AEE-B0BD-41FD-B2FA-3977AAED69B2.jpeg

Registered
Hi, ordered my Xcellence lux DSG in November, contacted dealer for an update and pleased to be told vehicle being built this week ( build week 9) so should be in UK in about 2 weeks.

Registered
My FR in desire red with a black roof, was ordered on the 12th December.
Dealer said it would be built 5th week of Jan (w/c 29th).
It lands in the UK sometime this week and I may push collection from this weekend to the 10th March.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh really so its true enough a 3 month wait for it i was hoping they were exaggerating 馃槱

Registered
Hi Mary, welcome to the forum.
I feel your pain... 3-4months Ahhhh
mine is due end of May... hope it may turn up early. Wishful thinking.. :lol:

Registered
Hi Mary , Yh the waiting is torture isn't it ...
mine should be built sometime this week .. all being well x

Registered
I knew I should have ordered mine weeks ago... BUT, I did go and look at the competition... if the price had been better, I would have been tempted by the T-Roc..
But the level of spec compared, ended up a no brainer.

Registered
Problem is that all the waiting, you start to second guess if you make the right choice.
Then you Finally get the car and remember why it was your choice.
This is the worst part of the whole process.. waiting :)

Registered
My Ateca was ordered on the 10th Oct 2016 and delivered on the 24th Dec (christmas present for the wife) that works out at 75 days.
The Arona works out to 81 days so both under the 3 months that I was quoted for each.
I guess that various models are more popular than others and delivery on those can be pushed back as the factory has to wait for certain parts.

Registered
My order for my FR Sport went in on the 8th of January, and I STILL don't have a concrete build week. I just had my dealer on the phone and said that since the car has become so popular that the order times have jumped about. He's hoping that by the end of this week I will have a definite build week. But it's looking at around week 14, then two weeks for delivery, which nudges it into May 馃槶. Was quoted 10/12 weeks when I ordered.

Registered
I ordered my FR Sport 1.5 on the 28th December. My order was "accepted" by the factory on the 10th January. I found out from Seat Customer Service UK on the 1st February that my confirmed build week is the 12th March (week 11), that's next week :D!

My dealer has said that he's expecting the car to arrive at the start of April, so that falls just within the 12-14 week lead time they quoted me when I put my order in.

Registered
Craig200588 said:
My order for my FR Sport went in on the 8th of January, and I STILL don't have a concrete build week. I just had my dealer on the phone and said that since the car has become so popular that the order times have jumped about. He's hoping that by the end of this week I will have a definite build week. But it's looking at around week 14, then two weeks for delivery, which nudges it into May 馃槶. Was quoted 10/12 weeks when I ordered.
I don't know why your dealer quoted you 10-12 weeks when I ordered mine a week before you and was quoted 12-14!

Registered
Mine was ordered in 18th November and I picked up 1st March. Think it landed with the dealer 3 days before I was due to collect, according to the paperwork in the car it was completed in the factory on 30th January so the rest is travelling time. In all just short of 15 weeks.

Registered
You wouldn't want to be ordering an ateca fr with big wheels :shock:

Registered
Hell no. Or a Leon FR with "PUK" wheels!

On an unrelated note, it looks like you've got pretty much the same Arona as I will (when it arrives in April) Dolphin. How are you finding the 1.5 (I know you've not driven it much but I'm curious as I've not driven the 1.5 yet)?

Registered
I get it back from the detailers tomorrow evening. Of the massive 35 miles I've driven in it since getting it I can tell you that during normal driving it's very quiet, I haven't really taken high in the rev range yet but it pulls smoothly in any gear from 1000rpm up to 4000 with no trouble. There is a very slight change from 4 to 2 cylinder running but not so it's a major thing. It's already averaging 35mpg according to the computer which is less than 100 miles on the engine so looking good for economy. I will be taking it to Devon on Friday with 4 on board so should be able to give better idea of performance and economy when I get back.

Registered
Thanks for that Dolphin, much appreciated. Looking forward to hearing more after your Devon trip.

Registered
ordered 7th Jan going to chase dealer again tomorrow but I am getting to the stage of telling them to stuff it. We ordered monsoon grey with a black roof as we were told we couldn't get mystery blue until April so I am interested to see other blue orders being fulfilled. Maybe only for an FR and not for a Lux

1 - 20 of 26 Posts