Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully collecting my Arona Lux DSG in the next 4-6 weeks. I'm struggling to find any information on the clutch system though. Does anyone know if the 1.0 petrol 115 DSG is a wet or dry clutch? Thanks

·
Registered
299 Posts
I'm pretty sure they are wet clutch.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. Me too but can't find any confirmation anywhere. I've asked my dealer who didn't know either but was checking - no confirmation yet though.

·
Registered
299 Posts
This is about all I can find at the moment

Screenshot_20180303-100005.png

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah great. Thank you. I believe it's the DQ500, although I can't remember where I saw that, which means it is wet as you suggested

·
Registered
355 Posts
I found this link, and gives info about both the 6 and 7 Speed DSG boxes.
Looks as it it may well be the Dry Clutch system DQ200 for the 115PS engines.
I did put the DQ250 originally, but just realised its the 6 speed not 7. SO i just altered this..
I would imagine the the Diesel and 1.5 Petrol will get a DQ250 wet clutch, as the Torque handling is higher.

http://www.seat.com/car-terms/t/torque.html

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks GazzaB. I've read mixed reviews of Volkswagen's dry clutch. Hopefully the 3 year PCP I'm on will mean I won't see any of the issues that have been reported.

Saturday night clutch chat.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I had dsg in my previous car, although I only rabbit for a year and 9000 miles never had any issues with it and that was bigger, heavier and awd.

·
Registered
355 Posts
My Old Passat Sport, that had a 6 speed DSG, and i got rid of it at 180000miles. The gearbox was starting not engage sometimes. but serviced regular which people do not tend to do, the gearbox will last, not serviced at all will more likely fail.

The dry Clutch 7 speed boa had issues when they used the Synthetic Oils. they started changing these in 2013 to Mineral Oil, and all 7 Speed dry clutch boxes since 2015 have used Mineral Oil.
Also a few software tweaks, So Reliability should now be a lot better.
Also consider that the DQ200 can handle 250Nm of Torque.
The Specs of the Engine on the SEAT website say the 115PS has a Max of 200Nm of Torque, so should be comfortable for this Gearbox.
Just Make sure it is serviced correctly, and should be OK.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts