Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Just noticed I've lost a wheel nut cover from a locking nut. Have noticed in the past someone else had lost the same and bought some with tighter fit from Halfords. What size do I get? Or should I buy from somewhere else? Any ideas.....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi Cello 9
I had the same problem, purchased a full new set from eBay very reasonable price. Only replaced 3 so far!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Neil C
What do you mean " so far"?
I think I'm going to order a set from Amazon £9.99

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Brian566
Have now ordered from eBay ...also £9.99

·
Registered
22 Posts
I lost 2 off the locking wheel nuts just after taking delivery of the car then one disappeared off a normal wheel nut after about 3months! Yes the ones I got from eBay were a tighter fit and I always check them after washing the car. Hope I don't loose anymore! But have plenty of spares just in case.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Having the same issue with disappearing wheel nut covers - seen mixed reviews on Amazon re spare sets - any sellers you recommend for a decent fit?

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have lost four in the past week, the dealership had not put the correct ones on the locking wheel nuts and vice versa, so lost all four.

Ordered a set of 20 for £2.99 from eBay and fitted them today. Not bad quality and won't come off as are a tight fit all round.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/123488986127

Worth checking to see if the most likely the valeter fitted the caps on correctly.

·
Registered
66 Posts
same problem ..lost 3 off locking wheel nuts they dont seem a very good fit so ordered a full set off ebay for just over £3 delivered

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got a set for £1.04 off eBay!!
Really tight fit.
Make sure you get a set with four large locking nut covers.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Iam amazed that everyone is happy to purchase nut covers.surely these should be replaced free of charge at the local seat dealer.it is obvious that the covers fitted at seat are not up to spec. Or am i missing something ????

·
Registered
148 Posts
Marthakn0123 said:
Iam amazed that everyone is happy to purchase nut covers.surely these should be replaced free of charge at the local seat dealer.it is obvious that the covers fitted at seat are not up to spec. Or am i missing something ????
The issue is that I assume the valater is just throwing the nut covers on without looking that 4 are for locking wheel nut and the rest standard bolts. All the ones I lost were for the locking wheel nuts that had been fitted to hex bolts. None had fallen off for 6 months, then as soon as the temperature dropped they started to fall off.

For the cost in fuel of travelling to a dealer; time wasted arguing the point, buying them off eBay has probably saved me time and money TBH.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Slightly off topic, but has anyone had a problem with discoloration of the covers. My covers are slowly turning white.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Wowzz said:
Slightly off topic, but has anyone had a problem with discoloration of the covers. My covers are slowly turning white.
Not on the Arona, but on previous Fabias, most Skoda owners put it down to using strong wheel cleaning solutions.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Could be - just bought a 1 year old Arona and took it to the local hand car wash place today. Hardly a major issue, but was interested to know if this was a common occurrence.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Lost two of the locking nuts covers in the first six days of ownership. Wrapped the other two in insulation tape and rolled excess over.
Ordered full set off ebay, £3.69

G

·
One of the first things I did when I got my Arona home was remove all the nut covers,I think the wheels look ok without them,plus in the event of a puncture it's one less thing to faff about with as I find them a bit fiddley to remove.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts