Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings All, me again. I think we've got the Auto Stop/start problem sorted, thank you to all.
Next item of wonder, the spare wheel on the Arona Style, (aka, base model) is a proper steel wheel, with a normal tyre fitted, size, 205/65R16. The car is fitted with the same size tyres but the rims are Alloy, not steel.
Next question, should all the tyres on a new car be the same Brand??
Cheers, Ian.

·
Registered
539 Posts
All the 4 wheels should be same brand, and same type, and same size on new car.

but spare (which is not for regular use) might be different (spare is always a non directional mid range tyre)

Which brand and type do you have.

If you suspect one might have been changed look at date code (a 4 digit number, usually near the rim, in format 3018, where first 2 are week number, second 2 are year of manufacturer). Would normally all be same, few weeks before car was assembled.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Mad SEAT person said:
Greetings All, me again. I think we've got the Auto Stop/start problem sorted, thank you to all.
Next item of wonder, the spare wheel on the Arona Style, (aka, base model) is a proper steel wheel, with a normal tyre fitted, size, 205/65R16. The car is fitted with the same size tyres but the rims are Alloy, not steel.
Next question, should all the tyres on a new car be the same Brand??
Cheers, Ian.
The size 205/65 R16 seems to be strange for me. The OEM 16" size is 205/60 R16. 205/65 R16 is simple too large. For the spare I have 205/55 R16 and I hardly believe 205/65 R16 would fit at all into the boot.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Greetings All, you're correct, I had a senior moment. The tyre size is 205/60R16, my mistake at the 65 bit - tooo much red wine. The original tyres were Giti, designed in Germany but made in China. The spare is a Continental, 205/60R16, on a steel rim and I would have thought all the tyres should have been the same brand. But, having had a look at a few others, they all seem to have a 'conti' as a spare. Maybe Seat got a 'deal' with Continental and steel rims. I wasn't impressed with the Giti's!!! At 50 Kph, on a slightly wet tarmac road, stood on the brakes and the ABS went into overdrive. Yes we did stop but not impressed with the distance to do so. I note the photo above is of a Conti spare - looks like the car is Desire Red, Good choice, great minds think alike. Cheers, Ian.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Mad SEAT person said:
Greetings All, you're correct, I had a senior moment. The tyre size is 205/60R16, my mistake at the 65 bit - tooo much red wine. The original tyres were Giti, designed in Germany but made in China. The spare is a Continental, 205/60R16, on a steel rim and I would have thought all the tyres should have been the same brand. But, having had a look at a few others, they all seem to have a 'conti' as a spare. Maybe Seat got a 'deal' with Continental and steel rims. I wasn't impressed with the Giti's!!! At 50 Kph, on a slightly wet tarmac road, stood on the brakes and the ABS went into overdrive. Yes we did stop but not impressed with the distance to do so. I note the photo above is of a Conti spare - looks like the car is Desire Red, Good choice, great minds think alike. Cheers, Ian.
According to the ADAC review in similar size https://www.adac.de/infotestrat/tests/reifen/sommerreifen/2018_Sommerreifen_Test_205_55_R16.aspx?ComponentId=313499&SourcePageId=31821 Giti is really not the best. Concerning the spare are you sure about the size? As I wrote I have 205/55 R16.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts