Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i bought my arona i made a comment to the salesman about the twin exhaust pipes at the rear thinking mistakenly they were connected ..he never corrected me in fact he said they were designed to show the "sporty" look of the car and helped the emissions ? it wasn't until i got back home and saw that they were just plastic and not connected at all ...it has really put me off the car and wish i had bought the arona without the "plastic exhaust " fitted ..

·
Registered
77 Posts
I quite like the look of the FR rear even though the "exhausts" are fake.
It wouldn't really bother me which version I had, after all when driving the car, you can't see the rear of it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi,

Personally, I love the look of the "fake" exhaust. One (amongst others) of reasons I like the exterior styling of the FR Sport. You'll find this design on a lot of new vehicles across all manufacturers at the moment. Added bonus, plastic doesn't rust :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
I AGREE THE TWIN EXHUSTS MAKE THE CAR LOOK SPORTY BUT NOW THE COLDER WEATHER IS ON US WON'T THE WHITE SMOKE (STEAM) COME FROM THE NEAR SIDE & BELOW THE FAKE ONES

·
Registered
49 Posts
when i bought my arona i made a comment to the salesman about the twin exhaust pipes at the rear thinking mistakenly they were connected ..he never corrected me in fact he said they were designed to show the "sporty" look of the car and helped the emissions
It's a good job we don't rely on car sales people to know their product and give us the facts......... :D :roll: :lol:

·
Registered
14 Posts
helped the emissions
The salesman is 100% correct.......

If a test person stuck the emissions probe into one of the fake exhausts, the reading would be a perfect zero :lol:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i am going back to the dealer on thursday and that is what i am going to say to him ..stupid man he didn't even know they were fake some salesman he is ...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Personally I think the fake exhausts look quite tacky as the gasses will only come through one (if any) and reveal that they are fake. In addition to the Arona I have a Volvo and that has real twin exhausts, and you can tell they're real as exhaust gasses come out of both when it's cold.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.