Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My month old Excellence Lux seems to have developed the habit of opening its windows unaided! Twice now I have discovered all 4 windows half open. The first time it was in the garage, so no problem but puzzling. The second it was in a car park with heavy rain and high winds, leaving all 4 door panels wet and damp seats. Fortunately someone saw what had happened and I was able to close them after just 15 mins. The dealership say it hasn't happened before. Am I the only one - so far?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Probably sat on your keys and held the open button down a few seconds...? I've done that before and learned the hard way with a very wet drive to work! :lol:

·
Registered
156 Posts
I had the same thing happen with a previous Skoda Fabia, I also assumed I had sat on my keys as it happened at home.
Before I picked up my FR I got the dealer to disable this so called "convenience function". So I can't lower the windows with the key - a small price to pay.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Apparently a VW Group-wide issue, not just SEAT. Many reported incidences with no real reason why. Sometimes it's all windows, sometimes only one. Sunroofs can open too.
As keitht says disabling the convenience function seems to be the way to stop it happening.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've done this in my old Ibiza and 2 golfs, finally decided to stop leaving keys in my back pocket. Easily disabled if you don't want the convenience function on.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How useful is this forum! I had no idea that the key fob could be used in this way. I suppose it isn't surprising since the dealer didn't know how the keyless entry worked! I really must get round to reading the 362 pages of the manual. Thanks all for your help. I will keep an eye on it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This just happened to me too with the Arona, very weird! In the middle of a busy town too, it certainly makes me question SEAT's level of security!

·
Registered
539 Posts
There is a convenience function, the open all windows is obviously great on a hot day when car parked on your driveway, as you can let heat out before entering

Not such a good idea if you accidentally press the button when it is wet and car is parked in dodgy area where security is important

You can change the convenience functions in infotainment in car, settings

1 - 8 of 8 Posts