Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has come across the very strange situation where the front wipers and washers will not work unless the car is moving forward. The rear one works perfectly well but not much use if moving forward. This was confirmed by the dealer when I first got in touch with him about this matter otherwise love the car.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I am not sure this is true, I had a windscreen replaced in December. As a final check the guy sprayed water on the screen on the sensor at the top centre of the screen whilst the car was parked on the drive and the auto wipers worked.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tried it in manual mode and then automatic mode
Would not work in either mode but started working as soon as the car was moving forward. I have also emailed Seat to find out what they say

·
Registered
156 Posts
Look at page 144 of the on line owners manual, it says auto wiping speed is proportional to speed and when stopping with the wipers switched on to a manual setting they will reset to the lowest speed position until you start moving again then they will return to the set speed. So, I guess we were probably both right.

Good luck with trying to get any sense out of SEAT customer services! Let us know how you get on with them.

·
Registered
540 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
I find the whole wiper/wash system really quite brilliant, adjustment to sensitivity through the rocker switch. A great wipe with a well directed wash as required.
I have to say having gone through a succession of hire cars on recent trips- it's grand to get the SEAT system, the closest was Renault but not quite.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have just checked my wipers and washers with the car parked and everything worked as I expected, the automatic wipers only worked once as it wasn't raining, the single manual wipe worked as did the two speed settings and the front washer. I also checked my owners manual (the car is just one year old) and the wording is identical to the current on line version for the windscreen wipers. Like Cap boiler I am perfectly happy with my wiper/washer function.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Turned off the AUTOMATIC WIPE system this morning so the wipers and washers should only work in the old fashioned way. I tried to operate the wipers and washers but they only worked when the car was moving forward. Still waiting to hear from SEAT customer service hopefully sometime tomorrow. 😭😭😭

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Problem solved. Slightl tweak to one of the bonnet catches and everything sorted. Thanks to everyone that replied to my post. 😁😁😁

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.