Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else noticed that when you lift the wipers off the windscreen they foul the bonnet edge?
I can see that over time this will result in erosion of the paintwork, and over time ultimately rust.
OR this is just my problem

·
Registered
156 Posts
scotti290586 said:
They'll likely need moved to the service position before you lift them to prevent contact with the bonnet.
See pages 69 and 70 of the online Owners Manual on how to do this.

·
Registered
77 Posts
If you can't find it this is what it says.

● Turn the ignition on and off and then (within approximately 9 seconds) push the windscreen wiper lever down (short wipe). The
windscreen wipers will move to the service position.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nigel58,,, tried your solution, unfortunately didn't work.
I think the wipers need to be taken off and moved around a spline or two.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Bonzo said:
Nigel58,,, tried your solution, unfortunately didn't work.
I think the wipers need to be taken off and moved around a spline or two.
It's not my solution it is the procedure as stated in the manual and is the same as far as I am aware for all VAG cars.

Unless there is something wrong with your particular car then the procedure stated will put the wipers into a position where they can be hinged forward to facilitate changing the wiper blades, cleaning the windscreen etc.

I know it works on our Arona as I do it every time I wash the car.

Here is a youtube video demonstrating how to do it on a Golf which is exactly the same procedure.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry Nigel, what you suggested was exactly how I did it and that did work.
What I wanted was to be able to lift the arms from the windscreen when they were in the fully parked position as is on most cars, but the solution you suggest will suffice.
Thanks

·
Registered
77 Posts
They are designed to sit below the lip of the bonnet when in the parked position for aerodynamic reasons therefore cannot be hinged out when parked.
Many other modern cars are the same.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts