Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I took my new Arona out in the rain for the first time today.

The automatic wipers were fine whilst driving but after parking for a while, when I returned to my car and wanted to wipe the screen before pulling away, i couldn't get the wipers to work. I've read the manual, which suggests that pressing the wiper stem down should activate them. My stem appears to do nothing, up or down. The wipers did come on automatocally after several seconds of driving blind.

So my question is, can the wipers be operated manually or is it auto only?

Thanks.

·
Registered
35 Posts
If you leave the wipers on auto and return to the vehicle and the wipers do not wipe the screen I tend to flick the sensitivity nodule on top of the stalk left and right to reset the auto feature, I normally have this set to the right the most sensitive. As Nigel stated if they are on auto and you do one click down this turns the wipers off so you need to do a further push down to activate the single wipe. Then one push up puts it back to auto and a further push up puts it in manual.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Whitecab1 said:
Thanks for your reply. Moving the stem does nothing at all, so there is clearly a fault somewhere.
Yep sounds definitely like something has gone wrong if moving the stalk all the way up does nothing.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I don't leave my auto setting on; it's not good when the system suddenly wipes a dry/dusty screen.
Not too difficult to switch on system when actually required, was it designed to be left on auto setting?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Cap boiler said:
I don't leave my auto setting on; it's not good when the system suddenly wipes a dry/dusty screen.
Even worse in the winter when the blade is frozen to the screen and attempts to wipe :shock:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts