Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

It's probably just me not doing something right, but I don't seem to be able to get my mobile telephone to charge in the wireless charging bay.

I have tried putting the 'phone:

[1] in the bay as per the diagram shown in the manual
[2] both in and out of its plastic protection case
[3 ]upside down
[4] 'back to front'.

Whichever way I try I cannot get the 'phone to charge, even when driving the car around the Island!

I currently have a memory stick with music on it plugged in to one of the USB sockets immediately above the charging bay. Will this affect the 'phone charging, or am I just being 'thick' and missing something obvious?

Any help would be appreciated as it's starting to bug me now. :?

Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi,

It really depends on your phone, not all phones are capable of wireless charging. Your phone has to be Qi enabled. Some phones have this and some don't.

Mine doesn't and so doesn't work in the charging bay either.

I bought a wireless charging receiver off eBay, admittedly it was only a couple of quid from China and it worked for a while. It is a flat pad about the size of a credit card that you can put between the phone and its case and it has a small flat lead that plugs into your charging slot. It worked and I had wireless charging in my Arona but the lead broke after a couple of weeks and I decided it wasn't worth the hassle.

As I say, mine was only cheap and there were much more expensive ones on Amazon/eBay so maybe they last longer?

If you Google 'wireless charging receiver' there are loads of videos showing what they look like and how they work.

Hope that helps?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Bickers70 said:
I bought a wireless charging receiver off eBay, admittedly it was only a couple of quid from China and it worked for a while. It is a flat pad about the size of a credit card that you can put between the phone and its case and it has a small flat lead that plugs into your charging slot. It worked and I had wireless charging in my Arona but the lead broke after a couple of weeks and I decided it wasn't worth the hassle.
I also have one of the £3 wireless interface cards and they do work in the Arona's charging bay for my phone which is not fitted with wireless charging. I haven't had the interface long but fear that, like yours, the very flimsy flat connector lead will soon break. I've tried to 'beef up' the lead a little by wrapping with flexible tape but it has to bend through 180 degrees every time it's used so that the flat pad sits under the phone when in the charging bay. Can anyone suggest a better idea to avoid forking out for a replacement from time to time?

·
Registered
548 Posts
BigFatPaulie said:
I just use a short usb lead... You need it for Android auto anyway - and it charges your phone way faster 😁
Same here, bought short lead.
Don't actually like using the charging tray as my Samsung phone gets really hot when using it

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi folks,

sorry have been 'out of action' of late and only just checked the forum again now.

Thanks for all the suggestions above. I have a Samsung A40 so will have to check everything out to find best way forward.

Your suggestions / help is very much appreciated.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Is the phone charging when the usb stick is removed ?
Is it possible the phone sits too high in the chargingbay.
I have a 32 Gb SD card with all my music on it plugged in, in the free SD slot in the CD player/nav system in the glovecompartment.
never possible to hit the protruding USB stick, and perhaps damaging the connector.
Just being cautious.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Manxman said:
Hi folks,

sorry have been 'out of action' of late and only just checked the forum again now.

Thanks for all the suggestions above. I have a Samsung A40 so will have to check everything out to find best way forward.

Your suggestions / help is very much appreciated.
Hi Manxman, I just checked for you & the A40 does not support wireless charging. So you'll need to either use the a cable or get a wireless interface card as suggested. However if you do get one of the interface cards you'd probably need to get a Qi charging pad for the house as the card connection for the phone is quite flimsy. So not a great idea connecting or reconnecting all the time.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Hi I also have the A40 its easier to get a short USB lead from ebay than mess about with the charging pad

1 - 15 of 15 Posts