Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I have to start by saying that I live in Denmark, so the configuration of my Arona is not the excact same as is available in the UK.

I just received my Xcellence 1.0 TSI 115 DSG two days ago and was expecting wireless charging. I read online that wireless charging is included in the Xcellence trim and above in some countries (the UK). Unfortunately it turns out that it is only included with the navigation option, which I have chosen not to have, since I will be using CarPlay.

I am now wondering whether wireless charging can be installed after the car has been produced? Is it just a software they have to activate or am I missing the hardware to do it? And can it still be done?

I realize that I would probably be using usb connection most of the time due to CarPlay but it would be a nice feature. Especially for a passenger's phone.

What do people who hve wireless charging think of it? Is it good in the Arona? How does it handle two phones placed in the tray? Is it a useful feature that I should be missing or more of a gimmick?

Thank you. :roll:

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have it in my Xcellence lux, I would think hardware is need as a dedicated charging tray is need. It works perfectly with my Samsung Note8 and wife's Samsung S9. Two phones won't charge at same time.
Hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.