Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

My first year of SEAT Connect expires next week. I've hardly used it - in fact I only looked at the app a couple of weeks ago, prompting it to contact the nearest SEAT garage for its first year service (which I expect I'd have picked up anyway).

I use Android/Google for navigation.

I find the Arona infotainment system difficult enough to navigate (sometimes I can find certain settings, sometimes I push all the buttons but still can't find the damn things again). I probably miss out on most of the car's clever functionality. I know I should try to learn more about it but I find it very frustrating.

So I'm looking for advice on what, if anything, people find useful in SEAT Connect that would justify paying for another year. If I'm not using the navigation system and I'm happy using the key to unlock the car and I'm happy with basic radio stations, what else do people find useful?

I expect this has been covered elsewhere, in which case any links/pointers would be appreciated. Thanks

p.s. it's a 2021 (old version) Seat FR DSG Auto

·
Registered
619 Posts
Generally I have heard that most people don’t really use it, and paying a fortune (every year) to renew is waste of money, especially if you just use mobile phone with Google maps or Waze.

Many drivers seem to have managed perfectly fine without it for decades, and it is not like life will stop if you don’t renew it. I would suggest save your money, you are not going to miss any features you have never used.

Reactions: BellaSully

·
Registered
2022 Arona FR 1.5 DSG
46 Posts
Hi

My first year of SEAT Connect expires next week. I've hardly used it - in fact I only looked at the app a couple of weeks ago, prompting it to contact the nearest SEAT garage for its first year service (which I expect I'd have picked up anyway).

I use Android/Google for navigation.

I find the Arona infotainment system difficult enough to navigate (sometimes I can find certain settings, sometimes I push all the buttons but still can't find the damn things again). I probably miss out on most of the car's clever functionality. I know I should try to learn more about it but I find it very frustrating.

So I'm looking for advice on what, if anything, people find useful in SEAT Connect that would justify paying for another year. If I'm not using the navigation system and I'm happy using the key to unlock the car and I'm happy with basic radio stations, what else do people find useful?

I expect this has been covered elsewhere, in which case any links/pointers would be appreciated. Thanks

p.s. it's a 2021 (old version) Seat FR DSG Auto
I have just taken delivery of Arona Fr 2022 MY, I've not bothered with Seat Connect as I don't want to do things remotely using an App, if I want to unlock my car I'll use the key etc, the salesman tried and failed to activate it so not much hope for me doing it, after reading negative comments on various VAG forums I'll give it a miss and I certainly wouldn't pay £125 (I think) for renewal, my overall view of the version of Infotainment system fitted to my car is it's not as good as the earlier version fitted to my previous 2020 model FR

·
Registered
4 Posts
I still can't connect or use seat connect for some reason it's like my car doesn't have the privacy world sign so it won't let me connect. I took it for a service they said I have to wait for the new update.

·
Registered
25 Posts
No. I can’t get the thing to work. And frankly I think the car is fine without it. CarPlay basically negates any need to pay for any of these online services, Tesla have some cool stuff though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts