Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Newbie here looking for some feedback/advice.

Looking at buying xCellence Lux for the digital cockpit/ Microsuede over the Xcellence - was on the point of ordering when I noticed that the Lux spec has the 18" wheels with 45 mm profile tyres which seem very skinny for UK roads on a car that is supposed to be comfortable - my hard ride car days are over :)

Ideally would do test drive, but finding the Lux in stock anywhere is more difficult than finding rocking horse droppings

Could any share any experience with the Lux 45 profile tryes (Noise/ride etc) on UK roads

Also is the wind noise from the wing mirrors as bad as several online reports report ?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi Newbie, I have had my Xcellence Lux for a couple of weeks now and compared with the Kia Sportage I had before, the ride is much better and the road noise is not too bad, course surfaces are quite noisy.

The tyres are on the middle pressure, I have yet to try the lower pressure.

Hope it helps.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I have the Xcelence Lux, and agree that ride is good

If you encounter really poor road surface, there can be quite a bit of tyre noise, but my old car did the same on those bad bits of road.

Never encountered any wind noise from the mirrors, however if you drive with the windows slightly open it does seem to cause wind noise at speed as having the windows open like letterbox slots creates wind turbulence.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Ive found that the mid pressure on my LUX is good for a balance between handling and comfort. They where set to the bar by the dealer and the ride was a little more fidgety.
So the lower or mid pressure will be fine.
Just done a 750mile round trip to Germany, and It was good, comfortable run, found road noise and wind noise only slightly more than my Golf was.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Many thanks for the replies - appreciated - sounds like with the right tyre pressures its something I shouldn't fret over - Think that order is going in tomorrow morning :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Only just joined the forum but this is a massive thing for me because we have a lot of course tarmac/concrete round here and a lot of potholes. My daughter had an Ibiza Sportrider(estate) which had hard suspension and very low profile tyres and was unbearable. I had a Skoda with low profile tyres and they were noisy. My Leon was superb and my current Audi A3 on 17"
Is it possible to downgrade to Excellence 17" wheels

·
Registered
538 Posts
dcweather said:
Only just joined the forum but this is a massive thing for me because we have a lot of course tarmac/concrete round here and a lot of potholes. My daughter had an Ibiza Sportrider(estate) which had hard suspension and very low profile tyres and was unbearable. I had a Skoda with low profile tyres and they were noisy. My Leon was superb and my current Audi A3 on 17"
Is it possible to downgrade to Excellence 17" wheels
The brakes are the same size so not problem fitting around callipers. Arona sold in other countries are sold with different wheel combinations. As an example in both Germany and Spain, the Xcelence comes with 6J x 16 inch with 205/60 R16 tyres as standard. 6.5J x 17 inch (with 205/55 R17 tyres) and 7J x 18 inch (with 215/45 R18 tyres) are cost options. Ireland also gets the 16 inch as standard (with optional 17 inch), 18s not even an option there.

The problem is might end up having to buy two sets of wheels and tyres (those with the car and a spare set) Although If you are lucky might find someone wanting to swap other way.

Can probably order the wheels (rims) and then get tyres cheaper separately. Incidentally the Pirelli P7 summer tyres that come with the Xcelence Lux are very poor in cold weather. So if you are getting new tyres get all seasons (with good fuel rating, good wet rating, and lower sound dB rating)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts