Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got back from my dealer a couple of hours ago, part exchanged my old vehicle, picked up the hire car and pre signed all the paperwork for the Arona.

Found out it was built on the 19th April and assigned to the ship Pegasus Ace and should be arriving in UK next week. Scheduled to collect on 20th May! Potentially could have had it earlier but I'm on holiday until 19th May so can't.

However I've just scanned over all the paperwork while at home and noticed on the Vehicle Details sheet my dealer printed for me it lists the interior trim as 'Titan black cloth'.

I've just emailed by dealer to confirm whether that's actually what it's been fitted with because if it has I'm going to be livid... I ordered on 14th Jan and Alcantara trim was a main selling point of the Xcellence Lux for me.

They can't just change the interior trim without telling me surely?! I thought as my order was made in Jan and built before the spec change came in then it would have been built to the old spec?!

If my dealer comes back now and tells me it's been built without Alcantara I really don't know what I'd do... I also really dislike the white dash. I can always reject the car I guess but I've waited since bloody January! And then I'll just be stuck without a car.

Argh just hoping my dealer comes back and says that it's an error on the Vehicle detail form and it's just pulled the new spec automatically and not what's it's actuslly been fitted with.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi Stringaa
Sounds like i'm in the same boat as you so to speak my XL with DSG was ordered on the 4th of Jan and built on the 10th April and as far as i can make out it too is on the Pegasus Ace due to dock on Monday 30th.My first thought was if it has been built to the new spec then i would reject it,
but after waiting so long for it and now seeing photos of the seats ( Black with contras stitches ) it don't look that bad and i may get the dash rapped with black carbon, don't know yet we will see when i'm due to pick it up on the 14th May ???

·
Registered
52 Posts
My order form also says Titan Black (2E154) on it and that is dated 12 January. I wouldn't therefore jump to any conclusions yet. My dealer and Seat UK have both independently confirmed that the car (built in week 16 and currently in transit) was built on the original spec.

Keep the positivity going and I'm sure it will be fine!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My dealer has just come back to me with screenshots of another system confirming it was built with Alcantara seats.

I'm still not 100% convinced to be honest! It still has a mention of Titan black cloth on there but then says separately Alcantara seats.

Until I physically see it and collect it I think it's still going to be a worry in the back of my mind!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just been into Fife Seat and they told me our xlux is on Pegasus Ace on way to UK. It was ordered 7th Jan. The salesman said xlux is now a six month wait. They had FR in showroom. FR outside with 67 plate and 2 18 plated Aronas and 2 unplated. Hard to tell trims but most fabric seats with key start.

·
Registered
51 Posts
maisiedormouse said:
Just been into Fife Seat and they told me our xlux is on Pegasus Ace on way to UK. It was ordered 7th Jan. The salesman said xlux is now a six month wait. They had FR in showroom. FR outside with 67 plate and 2 18 plated Aronas and 2 unplated. Hard to tell trims but most fabric seats with key start.
Was the FR outside monsoon grey by any chance? My FR Sport is meant to be there either this week or next. I wouldn't know exactly, as it's been 2 weeks since I've heard from the salesman 🙄

·
Registered
538 Posts
maisiedormouse said:
The Pegasus Ace has already been to Setubal (near Lisbon), Portugal
Currently off Brittany Coast, and is due at Sheerness (Kent) at 6pm tomorrow 30th April
Then due to travel via Grimsby on 2nd May
arrive at Port of Tyne on Thursday 3rd

I assume Scottish dealers get theirs from Newcastle

·
Registered
45 Posts
Craig200588 said:
Was the FR outside monsoon grey by any chance? My FR Sport is meant to be there either this week or next. I wouldn't know exactly, as it's been 2 weeks since I've heard from the salesman 🙄
Hi Craig, your FR wasn't there. It is the same colour combination as our lux monsoon grey with black roof. Hopefully it is on the same boat as our one.

·
Registered
51 Posts
🙄

I'll hopefully find out tomorrow where mine will be. Fingers crossed it's off the boat.

Stringaa, when did you get that vehicle sheet? Wonder if my dealer will email me a copy of mine.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Craig200588 said:
🙄

I'll hopefully find out tomorrow where mine will be. Fingers crossed it's off the boat.

Stringaa, when did you get that vehicle sheet? Wonder if my dealer will email me a copy of mine.
Got it from my dealer yesterday, signed a load of paperwork re the finance etc and he included that with the stuff he printed off for me.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I have decided to stick with my order, but join those who are waiting for alcantara in Q4
I was offered the choice yesterday, of taking revised spec, deposit return or waiting until Q4.

Only ordered early April so was estimating Aug delivery, so the extra 2-3 months are acceptable to me.

My current car is a Yeti (wanted something smaller) which is on a PCH (with VW Group finance) and is fortunately at a cheap monthly rate

I discovered that I could have upto 3 months unofficial extension at same monthly rate, (with mileage limit prorata), or if required with a VW Group new car order number an extra 3 months (so upto 6 mths). Yeti will need to have a second service though, but looks like the tyres will still be ok. So I avoid any early return penalty vs cost of extra service, and 2-3 extra monthly payments at the lower Yeti rate.

I realise some cannot wait that long, but wanted to let people know that if your current car is on PCH you might be able to extend (as I did) as this was not advertised and I only discovered it when I phoned up VW finance.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts