My FR in black - finally here!!

Post pictures of your Arona here
Wowzz

Re: My FR in black - finally here!!

Post by Wowzz » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:24 pm

"It takes me about half an hour and that is certainly not rushing it. "
My local car wash lads clean, polish and do the wheels for £5, and I get a free air freshener. Why do it yourself?

DomesticExtremist

Post by DomesticExtremist » Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:34 am

richw wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:27 am
yeah, looks tremendous and the bonus is that you don't see too many black Aronas on the road (don't see that many Aronas at all actually, which amazes me as I think it's a great car, but I suppose I am bound to biased).
I have a black body with magnetic grey roof - from stock. It seemed to be quite a common combo for the stock options (that or white + neutral colour). I have seen a few other Aronas - they are still quite rare but there seem to be a few more around now.
I think it is a great car too, just word hasn't got around yet - which may be a good thing.
SE Technology TDI 95

richw

Post by richw » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:02 am

Hi Wowzz, I used to take my car to a similar wash (although it is £7.50 where I live). I now do it myself as I believe the quality of wax/wash I purchased is far superior to what these car washes use, plus the shine seems to last a lot longer. I'm not sure if I will be as keen to do it myself when the winter hits us though!
FR Sport 1.0 Desire Red with Black Roof

Wowzz

Post by Wowzz » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:02 pm

richw wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:02 am
Hi Wowzz, I used to take my car to a similar wash (although it is £7.50 where I live). I now do it myself as I believe the quality of wax/wash I purchased is far superior to what these car washes use, plus the shine seems to last a lot longer. I'm not sure if I will be as keen to do it myself when the winter hits us though!
You are probably right, but at £5 a time I'm not too worried if the shine doesn't last that long. Plus, driving around where I live, I always seem to get caught behind a tractor towing a muck spreader on a daily basis, and the thought of washing the resultant sludge off my car onto the driveway is not an appealing thought!

richw

Post by richw » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:28 am

heh heh, that is a very good point Wowzz, I wouldn't fancy that either

G3li888

Post by G3li888 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:22 am

russmw wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:04 pm
Had the car coming up for a week as really happy with it. Got a fabric armrest on order as it's one of the few things I miss from my previous car but other than that (and the fact I can reach the roof to polish it) it's all good.

Drove from Oxford to luton and back today which averaged 57mpg over the complete journey, not complaining about that.

The engineer in me is saying drive it calmly for the first 600 miles and I know there's some debate on if this is needed or not but then start pushing the revs a bit harder.

No regrets on ordering the car :-)
Looks mint mate where have you ordered the armrest too and is it expensive to fit?

richw

Post by richw » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:47 pm

I ordered my fabric armrest from a local Seat Dealer so it was pretty expensive (£95 if I remember correctly) but fitted it myself as it's pretty easy to do, and it took me (a useless DIY person) about 10-15 minutes

JessL

Post by JessL » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:36 am

Looks fab. We've had ours since the 1st July. Ours is dark blue with a black roof, ex demo so we didn't choose the colours, but it had loads of extras on it so went for extras over colour! We live in Spain and the Saharan dust turned it spotty orange during the first week! Haha. We see lots of Aronas here. They all look great. 👌🏻

Return to “Members Gallery”