Pain for right hand drive owners.

Post pictures of your Arona here
Ian.s

Pain for right hand drive owners.

Post by Ian.s » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:25 pm

Picked up somewhere that the Stop/start button for right hand drive vehicles is still on the left hand side of the center console! Not the ideal placement as having to reach over gear shift to push button. Looking on the Seat uk site the interior photos may have just been photo-shopped from a LH drive car.😡. Anyone got a right hand drive DSG with stop start that can post on here? Thanks.

3FFAF656-439F-4C49-A11F-3D93C95C45AD.jpeg

Arona Xcellence lux 115psi DSG, monsoon grey / orange roof.

Dolphinfriendly1012

Re: Pain for right hand drive owners.

Post by Dolphinfriendly1012 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:39 pm

The demo I drove and the 3 others in the show room had the button on their left. I suspect in keeping costs down they won't be making any changes for UK market as left hand drive market is bigger.
Seat Arona Fr Sport 1.5, Mystery Blue and Grey. Sport line pack matte silver, mud flaps, sill protectors, boot mat, blue wheel centres, blue calipers, console mats and leather armrest.(Sold)

Ian.s

Post by Ian.s » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:04 pm

Yeah that’s what I thought👍 Real economic design floor in my mind though. If it was placed infront of the gear shift in the middle would of solved this.
Arona Xcellence lux 115psi DSG, monsoon grey / orange roof.

Dolphinfriendly1012

Post by Dolphinfriendly1012 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:59 pm

Or on the dash near to the steering wheel.
Seat Arona Fr Sport 1.5, Mystery Blue and Grey. Sport line pack matte silver, mud flaps, sill protectors, boot mat, blue wheel centres, blue calipers, console mats and leather armrest.(Sold)

JimJam

Post by JimJam » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:08 pm

It’s kinda important to me as I have limited left arm mobility, I’ve asked the Seat dealer if they can move it and place a blanking plate in its original position. How hard can that be for an experienced mechanic/Engineer we shall see

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:20 pm

If Seat wont - and I doubt they will, a good auto electrics place will easily be able to move that for you.

GazzaB

Post by GazzaB » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:23 pm

Just been looking at the SEAT website.
Go to New Arona, click on Design and scroll down to Interior Design.
Shows a picture of a right hand drive Lux model with the start button on the right hand side of the gear stick.

Think that pic you have is just a photo-shopped picture.
or it was taken from a early pre-production unit.
Arona Excellence Lux 1.0TSi 115PS DSG. Nevada White with Black Roof, OEM dark window tint, Fitted a Carbon Fibre look rear Bumper Guard. Pressed Metal Number plates with Carbon fibre plate holder.
Planning to Do: Sound Deadening.

Dolphinfriendly1012

Post by Dolphinfriendly1012 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:54 pm

It's more likely the pictures have been reversed to show right hand drive. I will double check on Thursday when I go to the dealers to see if they have any new ones with the button and see what side it's on. All the ones I've seen in the metal so far have been on the left.

GazzaB

Post by GazzaB » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:40 pm

I did note, that this pic is the Manual gearbox, and on the SEAT UK website it shows the button on the right with the DSG!!!!!

Were all the ones you've seen all Manual boxes???

Ive not actually seen a DSG version in my dealer, only has a manual without keyless entry.
So, it poses some interesting questions
1. Is the start button on different sides with Manual or DSG boxes.
2. If so, is this a technical issue of gear linkage preventing the move?
3. is this a change in 2018 models. (Did they move the button? and was this only on the 2017 versions)
4. If this is change in the 2018 version, then could the 2017 version be moved?

These questions are all highly speculative and really needs clarification from the dealers or directly from SEAT.

Also add:
Ive looked through the website and brochure and all of the Manual box pics show the button on the left.
all of the DSG pics show it on either left or right side..
Arona Excellence Lux 1.0TSi 115PS DSG. Nevada White with Black Roof, OEM dark window tint, Fitted a Carbon Fibre look rear Bumper Guard. Pressed Metal Number plates with Carbon fibre plate holder.
Planning to Do: Sound Deadening.

Dolphinfriendly1012

Post by Dolphinfriendly1012 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:26 am

The ones I saw/drove were all auto, it was one of the first things we mentioned to the sales lad. These were on the launch day last November. I pick mine up on Thursday, although being a lowly fr sport it doesn't get such luxury 🙄, but I'll see if I can have a look in some others, I suspect there will be a few in the show room that day.

Return to “Members Gallery”