Pain for right hand drive owners.

Post pictures of your Arona here
Williecarona

Re: Pain for right hand drive owners.

Post by Williecarona » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:06 am

GazzaB wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:35 pm
Well according to the SEAT guy they are on the right hand side..

******* Having discussed your query further with our Product Marketing Team, I can confirm that the start/stop button is on the left hand side of the DSG gearbox on the SEAT Arona. In regards to the models SEAT Ateca and Ibiza, I can advise that the start/stop button is on the right hand side of the gearbox. ********

And if this is correct for the Ibiza, its the same plastics so a retro fit should be possible.. Pop into the showroom and look at a 2018 Ibiza.
and if possible, we can get see how easy it is to change, and get it put in the tech section.

But clearly they are not on the actual cars.
So what the hell is correct?
Getting more confused by the minute on this one...

ANY ONE WITH AN EXCELLENCE LUX Model, CAN THEY CONFIRM WHICH SIDE THE START BUTTON IS PLEASE. TAKE A PHOTO AND UPLOAD. THANK YOU... :)
ITS DEFO ON THE LEFT

Ian.s

Post by Ian.s » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:57 pm

I will be taking delivery of my Xcellence lux DSG next week, so since I started this thread I will be finally able to put this to bed! 😂
Arona Xcellence lux 115psi DSG, monsoon grey / orange roof.

DavidinScotland

Post by DavidinScotland » Tue May 22, 2018 9:02 am

Ian.s wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:25 pm
Picked up somewhere that the Stop/start button for right hand drive vehicles is still on the left hand side of the center console! Not the ideal placement as having to reach over gear shift to push button. Looking on the Seat uk site the interior photos may have just been photo-shopped from a LH drive car.😡. Anyone got a right hand drive DSG with stop start that can post on here? Thanks.

Hi Ian,
Looking at your photo I can see you passenger side airbag is switched OFF just in case you were unaware. It seems that ALL Arona cars are being delivered with the passenger airbag switched OFF. I raised this with my dealer as it was mot mentioned to me at handover.
I have a right hand drive DSG and the button is on the left side, I was disappointed at first but you get used to it.
Arona Excellence Lux 115PS Petrol DSG Auto. Monsoon Grey - Eclipse Orange Roof

maisiedormouse

Post by maisiedormouse » Tue May 29, 2018 11:56 am

we have had our xlux since 25/5 and the start stop button is on the left of the gear stick and the handbrake is nearer the passenger seat. I am less than 5'2 and i can reach both okay but would have been nicer if the driver controls were on the right side like the steering wheel but it is built in Spain

sanchez

Post by sanchez » Tue May 29, 2018 1:00 pm

Have to call this site snowflake city ;)

Personally I prefer the three buttons the FR has on the left of the console as I naturally reach over - hardly a stretch, with my left hand/arm. If it was on the right, I'd have to lean towards the door to make room..

[ But then I'm at the age where a 3 mile stroll to the favourite watering hole - and 3 back, is advisable, and something I do a fair bit , so my vote on the " Pain" is probably atypical!

Enjoy if you can..

Return to “Members Gallery”