Seat Arona Forum banner

Arona Grey/Black

6K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  Aveleydave 
#1 ·
K_001.jpgK_002.jpgK_003.jpgK_004.jpg

#3 ·
Thanks MotorMan. All good so far now it is set up properly, quite impressed with the fizzy little motor not really a fan of three pot motors, but this is ok.

#5 ·
Guys, that is something I guess I'll miss for a while, the pep of the four cylinder 1.8 turbo in my current Skoda Octavia vRS. But to be fair, there are probably quite a few folk who would suggest I never really needed it for a family car. Glad to hear that the 1ltr is a capable unit and I hope to see better fuel mileage although the bigger engined Skoda can still return 42-46 on a motorway bimble sitting around 65 mph at 2500 rpm. How is the sixth gear rpm/speed ratio?

#6 ·
The Arona should return better MPG for you. Mine overall is currently 48.3 based on total litres of petrol added and total miles covered. No motorways around here and nearly all country road driving.

6th gear ratio is fine but only above 40mph. If you drop below 40mph in 6th the engine will 'drive' the car and tend to accelerate when you may want to coast. I often forget to use 6th gear as 5th is sufficient and more flexible on most non-motorway roads.

#7 ·
No problems with fuel consumption or the Arona's ability the find the right gear, in fact it is better at both things than our Volvo XC 40 auto. It has done 985 miles, and after filling it up straight after collection then setting all trips to zero it currently has an overall average of 55.6mpg, and that is living in a very hilly area travelling on mainly A&B roads. Great little motor, just have to watch the keen brakes at times

G
#9 ·
MotorMan said:
6th gear ratio is fine but only above 40mph. If you drop below 40mph in 6th the engine will 'drive' the car and tend to accelerate when you may want to coast. I often forget to use 6th gear as 5th is sufficient and more flexible on most non-motorway roads.
I would agree with the above but I find that at 30mph in 5th gear the engine feels like it is just labouring slightly,I experience a low drone and mild vibration so I change down to 4th,oddly the engine quite happily pulls 6th gear at 35/40mph,I have changed up through the gears and at 30mph in 4th the sergeant major gear indicator doesn't order me to change to 5th until I reach 35mph,that said it's a great little engine and am very happy with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.