Post pictures of your Arona here
Cyberbob

Arona SE Tech Lux

Post by Cyberbob » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:35 am

GazzaB

Re: Arona SE Tech Lux

Post by GazzaB » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:33 am

Looking good with the Black roof.
Mine should be here at the end of this month, Nevada white with black roof.
Arona Excellence Lux 1.0TSi 115PS DSG. Nevada White with Black Roof, OEM dark window tint, Fitted a Carbon Fibre look rear Bumper Guard. Pressed Metal Number plates with Carbon fibre plate holder.
Planning to Do: Sound Deadening.

Cyberbob

Post by Cyberbob » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:54 am

GazzaB wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:33 am
Looking good with the Black roof.
Mine should be here at the end of this month, Nevada white with black roof.
Thanks, I was lucky to get a stock car so was under two weeks delivery to order. I like the black roof nice contrast with silver or white. Had quite a few compliments already. Must admit has quickly become one of my favourite cars and much nicer than my Leon, even if the Leon interior was a notch up quality wise.

GazzaB

Post by GazzaB » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:52 pm

Ive got a Golf Mk7 TDI SE Tech, with factory sports suspension at the moment.
Change to a Petrol is one of the main things, and the height as found it harder now with a back issue getting in and out.
also ive gone from 80 miles a day to 7 miles a day with a change of job.
So don't really need a Diesel, but Electric too expensive, and I do still twice a year Visit friends in Germany.
So Electric range is too poor for these journeys.
If they have drastically improved the range in 3-4 years time, and the price is more reasonable, then I will look at buying an Electric version (Stay with VAG group cars hopefully).
Arona Excellence Lux 1.0TSi 115PS DSG. Nevada White with Black Roof, OEM dark window tint, Fitted a Carbon Fibre look rear Bumper Guard. Pressed Metal Number plates with Carbon fibre plate holder.
Planning to Do: Sound Deadening.

Cyberbob

Post by Cyberbob » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:26 pm

GazzaB wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:52 pm
Ive got a Golf Mk7 TDI SE Tech, with factory sports suspension at the moment.
Change to a Petrol is one of the main things, and the height as found it harder now with a back issue getting in and out.
also ive gone from 80 miles a day to 7 miles a day with a change of job.
So don't really need a Diesel, but Electric too expensive, and I do still twice a year Visit friends in Germany.
So Electric range is too poor for these journeys.
If they have drastically improved the range in 3-4 years time, and the price is more reasonable, then I will look at buying an Electric version (Stay with VAG group cars hopefully).
Leon is a Golf clone in essence... Nice cars, I have done the opposite going for a diesel but a smaller one as have a 93 mile commute two or three times a month, so diesel makes sense for that and does suit the Arona better than I thought it would TBH. I have looked at electric and like you range, initial outlay and scary depreciation puts me off. Maybe in the future as infrastructure and battery technology improves and gets cheaper. I am quite sure from the Golf to the Arona will be a very pleasant transition, the car does have something fun about it and getting in and out is much easier than my Leon, especially with the higher up position.

Return to “Members Gallery”