Help!

Faults and Technical chat for the Seat Arona
grandadnemo

Help!

Post by grandadnemo » Tue May 11, 2021 8:00 pm

Hi, I've just purchased an Xcellence TDI 1.6 and am having trouble coming to terms with the keyless entry and exit. Doors all lock but boot appears to remain unlocked. What am I missing or doing wrong please? Failing that how do I deactivate keyless entry/exit and just use the key fob.
Any assistance will be greatly appreciated .
Thanks

number6

Re: Help!

Post by number6 » Tue May 11, 2021 9:39 pm

Try locking the car, taking and leaving the key/fob indoors, then try to open the boot.
It senses the presence of the key/fob and will unlock in the presence of it.

Snowdaddy

Post by Snowdaddy » Wed May 12, 2021 10:18 am

The boot is on a separate proximity system, if the key is in your pocket and you walk up to it, it will unlock (designed to be helpful for putting shopping in). Obviously if you walk round to check it (with key on you) it will have unlocked.

To lock car either touch (put one finger close, doesn’t need to physically touch) the small grey rectangle on outside of drivers door handle (or use lock button on key). Don’t put a finger between handle and door as that is unlock (again doesn’t need to actually touch)

You can change what gets unlocked in car, settings, locking. Can restrict unlocking to just drivers door, instead of all doors, unless you press the unlock button
Arona Xcelence Lux 115 tsi DSG monsoon grey with orange roof, leather and alcantara interior. Also have a Skoda Roomster.

grandadnemo

Post by grandadnemo » Wed May 12, 2021 5:40 pm

Thanks folks I guess that I was being somewhat slow regarding this technology. Have tried as suggested and reckon I've got my head around it. Message received " don't test the locks with the key still in your pocket" doh!

Jacq

Post by Jacq » Tue May 18, 2021 6:26 pm

You aren't the first, and won't be the last to be caught by this one.
I believe there may be a reward for the anyone who finds it mentioned in the handbook!!

BigFatPaulie

Post by BigFatPaulie » Tue May 18, 2021 6:57 pm

What's the reward ? :roll:
........M M M M My shARONA
Seat Arona Xcellance Lux 1.6 oil burner DSG