Seat Arona Forum banner

Message in Infotainment Screen

4K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Sbarker 
#1 ·
Hi. New Xcellence LUX DSG. When I turn ignition off I get following in screen ' user profile not protected You can protect profile with S PIN in user profile settings'. Any idea what this means and where to I set user profile. Dealer not being very responsive!

#2 ·
I assume you have set up Seat Connect, registered and downloaded App onto Phone ? You need to set up primary user in car - this will give you all online services, plus ensure you have privacy set to show location - you should have a little white globe top right and a location symbol next to it. The S-PIN allows to to lock the online services, ie when you start car on infotainment screen you need to enter it each time. Basically if you have multiple people using the car you can set different setting options and personalise per person.

You can set and update the S-PIN through the seat connect app or through the my.seat portal which effectively does the same

#5 ·
Hi Meander 1, Yes we are a bit disappointed with the lack of customer service we have experienced. It turns out the dealer should have set up Seat Connect on handover and this is why I am getting that message. Arranging to go to dealer for them to set it up. Its our first Seat so everything is new and nothing was explained on handover!

#6 ·
I bought my car October 2020 took till December to get full seat Connect functionality working and me pushing it to the Exec Office at Seat and eventually working it out with the Seat Master Tech and help from Skoda Master tech.

You need to ensure you are set up as primary user, with all services enabled and also ensure they complete the Seat Ident process (which you will need to supply your driving licence for) this will enable remote lock / unlock ..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.