Cornering fogs

Faults and Technical chat for the Seat Arona
keitht

Re: Cornering fogs

Post by keitht » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:37 pm

Just back from the dealer who confirmed what we already knew that they won’t activate the cornering function if you have led headlights. When I said well it is not acceptable for low speed cornering manoeuvring because of the difference in light colours how come it is deemed acceptable to use the fog lights in normal operation when you could be doing 70, they had no answer.
Anyway I had the rearseat belt fixed.
Might drop the SEAT UK M.D. an email as I don’t have the patience to deal with customer services.
FR Sport Mystery Blue with Black Roof

DavidinScotland

Post by DavidinScotland » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:56 pm

Latest reply from SEAT UK

"It has come to light that there was a production change during the manufacture of your vehicle. In order for your vehicle to have the cornering lamp function you would need to have selected the option of LED fog lamps when placing the order, as this was not selected at the time the vehicle was ordered your vehicle has the Halogen fog lamps, which do not have the cornering function. I apologise for any confusion this might have caused."

I have asked them to retrofit at their expense as this option was not available when I ordered the car in December, less than 1 month from launch.
Arona Excellence Lux 115PS Petrol DSG Auto. Monsoon Grey - Eclipse Orange Roof
Pentagon Midnight Tint on all rear windows

DavidinScotland

Post by DavidinScotland » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:57 pm

Latest reply from SEAT UK

"It has come to light that there was a production change during the manufacture of your vehicle. In order for your vehicle to have the cornering lamp function you would need to have selected the option of LED fog lamps when placing the order, as this was not selected at the time the vehicle was ordered your vehicle has the Halogen fog lamps, which do not have the cornering function. I apologise for any confusion this might have caused."

I have asked them to retrofit at their expense as this option was not available when I ordered the car in December, less than 1 month from launch.

DavidinScotland

Post by DavidinScotland » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:00 pm

My latest reply from SEAT UK

Dolphinfriendly1012

Post by Dolphinfriendly1012 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:03 pm

Really, is this the latest excuse. I haven't checked but I'm pretty sure I have never seen such an option available. This is why I shall never be buying another Seat.
Seat Arona Fr Sport 1.5, Mystery Blue and Grey. Sport line pack matte silver, mud flaps, sill protectors, boot mat, blue wheel centres, blue calipers, console mats and leather armrest.(Sold)

Maziac

Post by Maziac » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:07 pm

I ordered in January and I sure as hell didn't have any 'options' to select. What are they talking about? The only option that the dealer offered me was a spare wheel. Can we please see the 'options' list that was available at the beginning of the year?

Dolphinfriendly1012

Post by Dolphinfriendly1012 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:11 pm

I ordered in November and nothing mentioned then. Just checked the latest price list and it shows cornering fogs are not available on the cars with led headlights, also shows the new Digi dash on Fr sport (although the list price has risen 300 quid) and both that and the xlux have microfiber seats :?:
Seat Arona Fr Sport 1.5, Mystery Blue and Grey. Sport line pack matte silver, mud flaps, sill protectors, boot mat, blue wheel centres, blue calipers, console mats and leather armrest.(Sold)

keitht

Post by keitht » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:49 pm

Also see that the latest price list has deleted the Beats audio on the XCELLENCE lux that, if correct, will go down well with all those waiting for delivery!

At least they have got the cornering fogs correct now!

keitht

Post by keitht » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:52 pm

As a thought does anybody know if LED fogs are available on non UK Aronas?

Dolphinfriendly1012

Post by Dolphinfriendly1012 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:41 pm

Just had a look at the French and German configurator, French doesn't appear to list anything but the German shows the Led headlight upgrade in kts options list. As my German is a little limited I have copied the wording into translate and this is attached below

Screenshot_20180706-223801.png

As most of us have been previously told they do not work on cars with the led headlights, as such the latest price list with spec's shows only halogen headlight equipped vehicles now having this function.

Return to “Faults & Technical”