Re: Front Assist

Post by Speedysteven » Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:41 pm

pflatout wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:27 pm
Had car in with dealer today,thay say the sensor is ok, no faults.😟

Stuart123

Post by Stuart123 » Fri May 22, 2020 10:13 am

Hello all, just reading all the problems with front assist, i got my arona just before Christmas and front assist was working fine, then maybe three weeks later the symbol on the display showed the front assist with an egg timer on it, now the manual says it's calabrating, but it never changes, it's stuck on that setting so obviously it's not working, any idea's any body how to fix it? 🙄

BigFatPaulie

Post by BigFatPaulie » Fri May 22, 2020 3:48 pm

Stuart123 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 10:13 am
Hello all, just reading all the problems with front assist, i got my arona just before Christmas and front assist was working fine, then maybe three weeks later the symbol on the display showed the front assist with an egg timer on it, now the manual says it's calabrating, but it never changes, it's stuck on that setting so obviously it's not working, any idea's any body how to fix it? 🙄
Take it up with your supplier ?
........M M M M My shARONA
Seat Arona Xcellance Lux 1.6 oil burner DSG

Nivram

Post by Nivram » Sat May 23, 2020 7:34 am

My front assist also stopped working after a few weeks. Both dealer and SEAT UK deny any fault. My ARONA Excellence Lux is now about 18 months old and the system simply does not work.
I hope your experience with your dealer and SEAT are better than mine - they are just not interested!!!

number6

Post by number6 » Sat May 23, 2020 12:36 pm

Nivram wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 7:34 am
My front assist also stopped working after a few weeks. Both dealer and SEAT UK deny any fault. My ARONA Excellence Lux is now about 18 months old and the system simply does not work.
I hope your experience with your dealer and SEAT are better than mine - they are just not interested!!!
You say "stopped working" but did you get the message '"the front assist sensor is impaired" ? I did, when the car was a few days old, and in my case the front sensor was simply not located properly, maybe by a millimetre. It just clips into place. The dealer said that it must have been knocked by something. However they did fix it in a few seconds under warranty. I suppose that it makes sense for it to do this as a degree or two of angle out of true could cause sudden emergency braking or a failure to brake.