Front Assist

Faults and Technical chat for the Seat Arona
lfcman

Re: Front Assist

Post by lfcman » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:37 pm

Just tried mine,the symbol came on at first start,stayed on and went off after I driven off down the road.

Stuart123

Post by Stuart123 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:41 am

Thanks for that, mine goes in again next week let's see if they manage to calabrate it this time, I'll keep you posted

Stuart123

Post by Stuart123 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:00 pm

Update, took my car in again this morning and the "master mechanic" was back working after furlough, he took my car out and when he came back he told me it was working properly, the front assist icon with egg timer on it is normal that comes on every time you start the car and goes off when you start driving, that shows it has calibrated, you won't notice the car slowing down if you get too close to another, it will only stop you if there's an extreme chance your going to bump the vehicle in front. I personally don't think that is how it should work, ie if your in a queue of traffic it should brake and release as the cars in front move "city stop" so you make your own minds up on that one.

Samm

Post by Samm » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:23 pm

Something once blew infront of my car and the front assisr decided it was life or death and slammed on. I very nearly got rear ended.

Few weeks later in a situation where the car infront of the car in front slammed on and the car in front of me didn't (went straight into the back of him) the front assists saved my ass and stopped the car.

I've been overtaking so one on a slight bend and it's slammed on before aswell. Seems like mines hyper sensitive

BigFatPaulie

Post by BigFatPaulie » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:05 pm

Stuart123 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:00 pm
Update, took my car in again this morning and the "master mechanic" was back working after furlough, he took my car out and when he came back he told me it was working properly, the front assist icon with egg timer on it is normal that comes on every time you start the car and goes off when you start driving, that shows it has calibrated, you won't notice the car slowing down if you get too close to another, it will only stop you if there's an extreme chance your going to bump the vehicle in front. I personally don't think that is how it should work, ie if your in a queue of traffic it should brake and release as the cars in front move "city stop" so you make your own minds up on that one.
That is how cruise control works.... Without it the car will only brake in emergency and only then if you haven't touched the brakes.
........M M M M My shARONA
Seat Arona Xcellance Lux 1.6 oil burner DSG

Dnlbwl5

Post by Dnlbwl5 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:55 am

i had issues with a brilliant 110bhp 1litre fabia redline i had i remember over taking a bike by 3ft it went off same when i overtook a car and was pulling back in ,the car was parked,i had a few issues with it just slamming on it shocked me big time once if the aroma fr starts doingit I'll get it coded in the menu to stop it