Seat Arona Forum banner

Roll back issues - DSG

5K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  BlueBoy68 
#1 ·
Has anyone with the DSG box experienced issues with the car rolling back on hills etc? My old car was a manual and had hill hold that worked flawlessly but unfortunately can't say the same for the Arona...

I don't know if it's just me but it seems to be getting worse as well. On hills it likes to rock back a couple of inches before pulling away and it always scares me! It's especially bad though when switching from Drive to Reverse, it can roll forward a foot or so sometimes before Reverse kicks in and it starts moving backwards!

Has anyone else experienced it?

#2 ·
I find the hill hold is crap on the Arona.
I had a Golf with he electronic handbrake, and the hill hold on that was fantastic.

So Now I have reverted to using the old school put the hand brake on method. which makes it more awkward with the DSG, but at least I don't get the rolling back. Just take a bit of practice to get it right.

It is the same issue with the ACC that when it brings you to a halt you need to jump on the brake to stop it cutting out.
If they had put in the electronic brake system this would have made it a smoother and less cumbersome.
I also miss the ACC controls on the steering wheel which I had on my Golf.

Yes the Car was a lot cheaper then the equivalent Golf, So we have to expect sacrifices. No doubt in a 3-5 years time I will change to a Hybrid or full Electric car as these will become more available and cheaper, as if the Government want us all to change to electric, then the costs have got to come down. Or is motoring just going to be the preserve of the rich again, as that is how I see that this Government wants it to be.
We already have high levels of poverty and starvation, which is evidence from the ever growing food banks.
Stop all overseas aid and redeploy the money back in to the UK communities, lets feed our own people before the rest of the world.

#3 ·
GazzaB said:
I find the hill hold is crap on the Arona.
I had a Golf with he electronic handbrake, and the hill hold on that was fantastic.

So Now I have reverted to using the old school put the hand brake on method. which makes it more awkward with the DSG, but at least I don't get the rolling back. Just take a bit of practice to get it right.

It is the same issue with the ACC that when it brings you to a halt you need to jump on the brake to stop it cutting out.
If they had put in the electronic brake system this would have made it a smoother and less cumbersome.
I also miss the ACC controls on the steering wheel which I had on my Golf.

Yes the Car was a lot cheaper then the equivalent Golf, So we have to expect sacrifices. No doubt in a 3-5 years time I will change to a Hybrid or full Electric car as these will become more available and cheaper, as if the Government want us all to change to electric, then the costs have got to come down. Or is motoring just going to be the preserve of the rich again, as that is how I see that this Government wants it to be.
We already have high levels of poverty and starvation, which is evidence from the ever growing food banks.
Stop all overseas aid and redeploy the money back in to the UK communities, lets feed our own people before the rest of the world.
Well Said Gazza

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.