Titala

Re: LED interior lights in the roof and boot

Post by Titala » Wed May 01, 2019 10:06 pm

BenC wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 9:39 pm
Titala wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 9:23 pm
Also see: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=221&start=20
I hadn’t seen that thread! I’m guessing it was your review I saw on ABD then - still happy with your LEDs? :)
Still working fine, no issues at all. :)
Arona 1.0 TSI Xcellence 85 KW (115 LE) DSG

alandl

Post by alandl » Thu May 02, 2019 1:01 pm

Using BenC's link to ABD my 2 interior and boot LED bulbs arrived yesterday.
These were fitted in minutes.
The boot is much better lit, with a whiter light that is better thrown out (shame there is no light on the other side).
The same white light and throw is better inside the car, going wider across the seats and covering the dash.

The middle rear seats is well lit but the the seats either side are still in the dark, as the front seats block the light.
When all 3 bulbs are off, they are off there's no indication of them being on at all or dimly lit.

Thanks BenC for the guidance and advice you have given on this thread.
I've now ordered Indicator and Reversing LED's via the links you added.

LED Boot.jpg

LED Interior.jpg

Arona FR 1.5TDI
Desire Red with Black Roof
Full Spare Wheel Kit
Added Front Arm Rest

BenC

Post by BenC » Thu May 02, 2019 2:00 pm

Looking good! :)

I will let you know once I work out how to do the front fog lights. I’m determined to replace them but would rather not go in blind. A little more research is needed.

I think I will stick with ABD for bulbs, they really are very good. I emailed them to ask about H3 LED options and they replied very fast with links and advice.
2019 (19) Arona Xcellence Lux 1.0L 115PS Petrol DSG - Eclipse Orange with Grey Roof.

Lampie

Post by Lampie » Thu May 02, 2019 6:11 pm

Just got the LED's for the rear indicators and the white one for the reverse light.
Wow.. that's a lot of light, plug and play. But what a job to click the reverselight back , toke me about 10 minutes.

For only € 8,- (3 LED's) at Aliexpress. free shipping
When you order the amber ones... these are NOT the BA15S fitting but order the BAU15S... the pin setting is different !
The white one is BA15S

https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/RXZ-1-pc ... 4c4dHswhna

Seat Arona FR DSG7 Business Intense Full LED 115HP 3012 km

Monmouth

Post by Monmouth » Fri May 03, 2019 6:07 pm

My LED’s for the reversing and indicator bulbs are now en route now thanks to BenC. Have I understood it correct that the reversing bulb is BA15S and the indicator bulbs are BAU15S ?

I also switched the LED’s I already added in the roof and in the boot since these, as mentioned before, did not switch off completely when the ignition was turned off. Here are the new ones :)

Monmouth

Post by Monmouth » Tue May 14, 2019 8:12 pm

Thanks to BenC I have now replaced both orange turning bulbs in the rear with LED’s and also the reversing light with an identical LED, although white instead of orange.

When the plastic cover holding the reverse lightbulb is reinserted, care has to be taken not to bend or damage any of the three metal pins providing the rear red LED with power. If you force the cover back in place without aligning the pins, the red LED in the trunk will not function. So taking the reverse lightbulb out is easy, fitting its cover back in place is difficult. Just a warning. Take it very gently.

Return to “Faults & Technical”