Hi

New to the Seat Arona Forums? Introduce yourself here
Macca5

Hi

Post by Macca5 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:04 am

Just got a Seat Arona and its the first time ever in a Seat to be honest.
First impressions are good,Its the 1.6tdi lux.
The car is 2 years old and i was informed by previous owner the car only had 1 key after he somehow smashed the other key.
Got a discount on the car because of this but now need to order a new spare key.
Is this a simple as going to a dealer with proof of ownership?

Ps learning loads just looking round the forum

Snowdaddy

Re: Hi

Post by Snowdaddy » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:44 am

Hello, welcome.

There are two parts :
A physical key which will need to be ordered with correct key pattern ground into the blank
Coding to match the car.

Generally it is considered good practice to have the key (both new and existing) set to a new code if one key was stolen or lost. Just in case the missing key turns up and someone tries to steal car with it.

Ordering the key can probably be done by phone, but the recode will need to car taken to dealer to hook up the computer.

If you just want a spare key (with code copied from other key) some locksmiths can supply
Arona Xcelence Lux 115 tsi DSG monsoon grey with orange roof, leather and alcantara interior. Also have a Skoda Roomster.

Macca5

Post by Macca5 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:58 pm

Thanks for the reply,the dealer close to me as shut down so went to another and they were very helpful

MotorMan

Post by MotorMan » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:01 pm

Macca5 wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:58 pm
Thanks for the reply,the dealer close to me as shut down so went to another and they were very helpful
You're very fortunate to find a helpful Seat dealer. A recent Auto Express survey ranked Seat dealers 24th out of 25 with only LandRover dealers scoring lower. https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/driver-po ... lers-2020
Xcellence 115PS Red/ Black roof