Arona delivery time.

New to the Seat Arona Forums? Introduce yourself here
paulhic

Arona delivery time.

Post by paulhic » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:27 am

Hello all I am new to this forum so if I I'm posting in the wrong place I apologise. I ordered a new SEAT Arona xcellence Lux DSG on the 20th of may I've been in contact with dealer and he cannot give me a delivery time yet. Can anyone here help as to how long it will take?

Jon

Re: Arona delivery time.

Post by Jon » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:08 am

I was given 16 weeks for my Arona but got it in 12. The factory in Spain do a production run for UK destination cars so wait until they have sufficient orders.

BenC

Post by BenC » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:34 pm

Jon wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:08 am
The factory in Spain do a production run for UK destination cars so wait until they have sufficient orders.
Where did you hear that?

Martorell is a very modern factory with production lines that are capable of building multiple models at the same time (for example, the Arona RHD, Arona LHD, Ibiza RHD and Ibiza LHD are all built on production line 1). They can be put on the line in any order, and even in between each other, and the right parts will still arrive at the right place, at the exact right time (within seconds of being needed).

They are more than capable of building 1 UK spec Arona in between 10 Spanish spec Arona, with no slowing down of the production line.

Model specific production runs are mostly a thing of the past (some current factories that lack investment).
2019 (19) Arona Xcellence Lux 1.0L 115PS Petrol DSG - Eclipse Orange with Grey Roof.

BenC

Post by BenC » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:35 pm

paulhic wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:27 am
Hello all I am new to this forum so if I I'm posting in the wrong place I apologise. I ordered a new SEAT Arona xcellence Lux DSG on the 20th of may I've been in contact with dealer and he cannot give me a delivery time yet. Can anyone here help as to how long it will take?
Much like Jon, I was also quoted 16+ weeks but got it in 12 weeks.

Does your signed order form have a predicted date at the top? Mine did.
2019 (19) Arona Xcellence Lux 1.0L 115PS Petrol DSG - Eclipse Orange with Grey Roof.

Goldfish

Post by Goldfish » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:59 pm

paulhic wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:27 am
I ordered my Arona SE Technology DSG on 9th May in Scotland and have received word this week that it's been built and 'leaving the factory', so should be with me around last week in July / 1st week in August. That would make it 12ish weeks between order and delivery.
SEAT Arona SE Technology DSG. Desire red with black roof & spare wheel

paulhic

Post by paulhic » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:35 pm

Thanks for your reply, can't believe it but dealer phones today and tells me my car is being built this week and I should have it around first week in August.

chasmac17

Post by chasmac17 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:11 am

I ordered an Arona Xcellence at the end of May. According to the dealer it arrived at the port in the UK two weeks ago but he hasn't a clue when it will be delivered to him. Any ideas on how long this should take as the dealer doesn't seem to aware of any tracking system.

Snowdaddy

Post by Snowdaddy » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:26 am

chasmac17 wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:11 am
I ordered an Arona Xcellence at the end of May. According to the dealer it arrived at the port in the UK two weeks ago but he hasn't a clue when it will be delivered to him. Any ideas on how long this should take as the dealer doesn't seem to aware of any tracking system.
1-2 weeks is normal, sometimes longer, especially if you are long way from the port (Sheerness, Grimsby or Tyne). Very long return journeys might not be possible within standard drivers hours so wont happen without planning. Also depends on other orders as clearly aim to fill a road transporter before delivering to dealer (although might do split delivery to 2 sites). Some dealers only accept cars when their service Dept open so have to leave port in middle of night to avoid traffic and arrive about 8am
Arona Xcelence Lux 115 tsi DSG monsoon grey with orange roof, leather and alcantara interior. Also have a Skoda Roomster.

chasmac17

Post by chasmac17 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:09 pm

Thank you for the reply. I live near Glasgow so not that far from the Tyne

Return to “Introductions”