Order placed...

New to the Seat Arona Forums? Introduce yourself here
cruso

Order placed...

Post by cruso » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:17 pm

Looking forward to my ARONA HATCHBACK 1.0 TSI 115 XCELLENCE LUX [EZ] 5DR DSG coming in the new year..
At the moment it is merely a twinkle in a car workers eye but I think I`d prefer one straight off the boat rather than one in a colour I dont really want thats been hanging around a showroom somewhere.
Im told 16 weeks delivery so that would be towards the end of January...we`ll see.
I`m wondering if Brexit actually happens, will that delay things?
Could end up as a 20 plate..
1.0 TSI 115 XCELLENCE LUX [EZ] 5DR DSG Desire Red Black Roof

cruso

Re: Order placed...

Post by cruso » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:28 pm

Dealer contacted me this week to tell me the car has been built week 45, ( last week) and delivery should be about mid December..
Asked if I could track the order but was told its no longer possible.

Technician

Post by Technician » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:45 pm

I was told 4 months when I ordered my 1.0 TSI 115 XCELLENCE LUX [EZ] 5DR DSG, amazingly I got it in 6 weeks from the date I walked into the showroom. There was a piece of paper inside the glove box with the build date on it and I had it in my parking space exactly 1 week from that date, they must have flown it over ! You can never be sure, I think it all depends on when that ship sails. You could be really lucky like I was and receive it real quick.

cruso

Post by cruso » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:34 pm

Collected my Arona yesterday and am delighted with it.
Ordered week 39
Built week 45
On a ship week 49
Collected week 3 ... so 15 weeks from start to finish..
Everything seems shipshape although Ive not used a few things and really got into the infotainment system yet.
My smartphone (Huawei ) isnt compatable with the charger though
Also passenger seat dosnt have a drawer just some sort of plastic frame and the drivers seat is not a drawer but a small compartment.. big enough for a Mars bar..
Was pleased that the spare tyre is a full size one on a metal rim, was expecting the `emergency` size one.
The heated seats are fantastic.. warm the whole seat not just your bum and theres a separate switch for each one.
So much more to learn in the weeks ahead.

Cap boiler

Post by Cap boiler » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:07 am

Welcome, sounds like you’ve got a grand spec with additional surprises. Enjoy the initial period of settling in and exploring your car and settings. Come the Spring you’ll be ready for a nice long run out. The wee frame under the passenger seat neatly holds your owners manual/docs and frees up room in the glove box! Enjoy and post how you go on with day to day use, any gripes, anything stand out, remember economy and general feel will improve after an initial bedding-in period, Ohla.

cruso

Post by cruso » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:36 pm

Well, 2 weeks in and love the car, not done many miles as its for pleasure only and the weather has been awful mostly.
Driving at night is brilliant... literally..
Have tested the ACC and it works perfectly, not had an occasion for the Front Assist to operate but the settings say it is active.
One small thing Ive noticed is that when its been raining and you open the rear doors, water drips on to the seats..
Also Its great for the car to unlock itself but I wish it would lock itself when you walk away .. Ive had this feature on other cars.
Ive got a few accessories lined up so will report on those in due course.