New potential Arona owner

New to the Seat Arona Forums? Introduce yourself here
Paul47

New potential Arona owner

Post by Paul47 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:56 am

My name's Paul, and I'm retired and live on a smallholding in Mid Wales. Access to the house is up a track which is steep in parts. The Arona has good ground clearance, but I wondered if any owner had tried their car off-road ? Does Traction control help going uphill on bends when wheel spin can happen. Our nearest Seat dealer is 60 miles away, so a test drive locally is not an option. ( Looking at buying 115 FR model)

tommo

Re: New potential Arona owner

Post by tommo » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:34 am

Hi Paul and welcome,if the track to your house is paved the Arona should cope OK,traction control does help limiting wheelspin,if the track is a dirt road the Arona should cope with the correct tyres fitted but I don't think it would be a competent off roader.If there is a Suzuki dealer nearby the Vitara would be a good choice with a 4X4 version available if you wanted (needed) to do a bit of light offroading
Last edited by tommo on Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arona FR 1.0 ltr 115ps, Manual gerabox, Desire Red / Grey roof

Snowdaddy

Re: New potential Arona owner

Post by Snowdaddy » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:46 pm

Traction control will help, but ultimately you could spin 2 wheels if very slippery. You would need to change from the default road summer tyres that it comes with. The standard (summer) tyres aren’t really that grippy Nov-March anyway. (There is a whole thread on all season and winter tyres for Arona).

Not totally sure what you are defining as a track, (narrow tar road, gravel, potholed, muddy etc). If it of the more wild type then probably need both 4wd and suitable tyres
Arona Xcelence Lux 115 tsi DSG monsoon grey with orange roof, leather and alcantara interior. Also have a Skoda Roomster.