Seat Arona Forum banner

Disable trip meter and navigation mini map missing

6K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Snowdaddy 
#1 ·
Hi all,

We drive a 19 plate arona fr and are very pleased with it. A couple of questions though.
We used to have a detailed mini closeup map of a junction when using the navigation but it has disappeared and I can't seem to find how to get it back. And on the weekend, somehow the odometer in the bottom of the central display in between the speedometer and rev counter has been replaced with a trip meter. Can anyone please help get these back? Thanks in advance!

#2 ·
Page 196 onwards in the manual shows you how to select different views on the Sat Nav. You can set the Digital Dashboard to display all sorts of information, but it depends on what version software was programed into your particular car. Have a look in the manual from page 68 onwards to see what your car will let you display. I haven't messed with mine yet much but I believe once you decide on the view you like you can memorize it.

#3 ·
We used to have a detailed mini closeup map of a junction when using the navigation but it has disappeared and I can't seem to find how to get it back -
Press right arrow on steering wheel and select navigation.

the odometer in the bottom of the central display in between the speedometer and rev counter has been replaced with a trip meter -
odometer re appears when cruise control turned off i.e. stalk fully forward.

#4 ·
Curiously on my car the odometer disappeared even though the cruise control was switched off. Like I said Seat uses different firmware/software in the same model of car and they all seem to work in slightly varying ways.
I read somewhere their engineers can program the dash display to show whatever you like, no doubt at huge cost...I think I'll give that option a miss !

#5 ·
Hi,

Regarding pressing the right arrow on the steering wheel to get navigation, that is already in use and working correctly. The minimap I was referring to was in the main display and not in between the speedometer and rev counter. We don't have the volume up for any voice prompts if that makes a difference at all, but there used to always have a brief pop up minimap showing a close up of the upcoming junction or instruction and then disappear until the next one. I can't find anything in the manual that will show how to get it back. Also, we have always used cruise control and the mileage reading always used to be visible on the bottom right of the 'steering wheel display' whereas now it shows the trip meter. I hope that clarifies.

#6 ·
On the last point, the cruise lever has to be clicked right back, away from the driver, to the full, off, position, not just the centre 'not currently using cruise' position. Mine has three positions...
Towards the driver - Resume cruise.
Centre position - Cruise ready if activated.
Away from driver - Cruise disengaged. Then I can see odometer.

#7 ·
Does your car have ACC, have you accidentally moved the lower lever on the left.

Changing display is done by right handing steering wheel buttons, there are two buttons that look like folders, can change what is displayed using these, within the options, get a sub menu with different displayed items using the thumbwheel, for some items pressing (and holding down) thumbwheel then has further display options.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.