New Arrival Tomorrow

New to the Seat Arona Forums? Introduce yourself here
Manxman

New Arrival Tomorrow

Post by Manxman » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:07 pm

Hi All
Joined the forum a couple of weeks ago after placing an order for an XCELLENCE Lux 1.0 TSI 115 PS 7-speed DSG-auto model in Magnetic Grey with a Midnight Black roof.
Just been informed she will arrive on the Isle of Man tonight and be ready for pick-up tomorrow afternoon :D
After 9 years of trouble-free motoring with three Skoda Yeti models I'm hoping this 'lady' will be a worthy successor following the very sad news that the Yeti is no longer available.
I picked the Arona on the basis that it is of a similar size to the Yeti, is made by the Volkswagon Group and most of the controls etc. are familiar to me.
One BIG plus is that the Arona road tax is only £68.00 per year against the £186.00 for the first Yeti and £148.00 for the second and third ones!
Being over 70 years of age now I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this damn virus doing the rounds is not going to curtail me getting out and about with the 'new lady' in my life! ;)
Will continue to follow the forum with interest from tomorrow.
Regards for now
Manxman

BigFatPaulie

Re: New Arrival Tomorrow

Post by BigFatPaulie » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:14 pm

Hello Manxman.. welcome to the forum, sounds like your new toy is same spec as mine (only mines a diesel) so if you need any help shout out!
Have fun, and stay healthy ;-)
........M M M M My shARONA
Seat Arona Xcellance Lux 1.6 oil burner DSG

MotorMan

Post by MotorMan » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:25 am

Hi Manxman,

I was over on 'The Island' last summer and never saw a single Arona in my 1 week stay which encompassed travel around most of the island. You should be very exclusive.
Xcellence 115PS Red/ Black roof

Manxman

Post by Manxman » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:09 pm

Thanks for the welcome / offer of help MotorMan & BigFat Paulie. I may well take you up on it sometime in the future.

Got to the supplier today and the garage in the UK had shipped a Black with Grey Roof model instead of the ordered Grey with Black Roof!

When queried they had only had the two auto models left and unfortunately had sold the colour I had ordered! :( A quick ring around by my supplier to other details didn't unearth the colour I was after and confirmed that cars would be hard to come by during the current crisis.

After a lot of sole searching - and the offer of a further £500 off the already discounted price :) - I took ownership of the Black with Grey roof. I'm sure it will grown on me and it was a very pleasant drive home. Just got to find time over the weekend to play with some of the features. Fortunately quite a few similar to the Yeti so have at least made a start.

As you state MotorMan I have only seen one white one on the Island which, ironically, is owned by the mother-in-law of the salesman I dealt with....so mine should be exclusive for some time.

33q

Post by 33q » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:58 am

My Wife's Arona arrived at Sheerness yesterday and we have been told it will be ready before the end of the month.

MotorMan

Post by MotorMan » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:35 am

Manxman wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:09 pm
As you state MotorMan I have only seen one white one on the Island which, ironically, is owned by the mother-in-law of the salesman I dealt with....so mine should be exclusive for some time.
That explains why I saw no Aronas on my last island visit. The mother-in-law of your salesman was obviously keeping a low profile. Do you have a Seat dealer on the Island?

Disappointing that you weren't supplied the colour combination you'd chosen but you're very accommodating to accept the alternative. There is a Black with Grey roof Arona local to me and it looks fine when it's clean but, unfortunately, it rarely is! You'll have to keep the bucket and sponge at the ready.

Enjoy it anyway. It will be just great to take it up to 'The Bungalow' on a lovely spring morning. I still enjoy driving ours after 8 months ownership.

Manxman

Post by Manxman » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:45 pm

Hi MotorMan

Had a run in to Douglas from Peel to Douglas today and really enjoyed the drive.....just got to play around and set up all the bits and bobs I want to use on it.

I agree with you that black cars are hard to clean - hence my first choice of colour. The trouble with the black with grey roof is that in certain light conditions you cannot distinguish the grey roof from the black body, whereas the first choice colour would have made the black roof stand out against the grey body. Anyway no use bleating on about it..... I have made the choice, for a good price, and the interior is brilliant.

MotorMall [part of Jackson Group] is the main dealer on the Island but I avoided them for this purchase as I didn't get very good customer service from them when I purchased my last Skoda Yeti from them and then after looking at an Arona there the salesman was backwards and forwards to his Manager trying to put a deal together. Actually increased the trade-in price for the Yeti by £4k, I kid you not, by the end of my discussion with him. I walked away as I couldn't be bothered with this kind of prolonged haggling and then blow me I got bombarded with texts, e-mails and phone calls for 2 weeks afterwards - really aggressive sales pitch.

Will try and give it a bit of a blast up the mountain sometime but the Island is pretty much 'locked down' at present with the 'Virus' and at nearly 72 years of age I am not going to far at the moment.

Just trying to find the best price for genuine Seat rubber floor mats and also a spare wheel/tyre/jack/foam insert kit. Found one place in Kendal offering very reasonable prices but they wanted an astronomical amount for carriage to the Island. Came to more than the actual items! Just e-mailed White Dove, Seat dealer in Cardiff, to see what they can offer.

Good chatting with you. Take care for now.

Best wishes

Tony

Damoire

Post by Damoire » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:36 am

Manxman wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:45 pm

Just trying to find the best price for genuine Seat rubber floor mats and also a spare wheel/tyre/jack/foam insert kit. Found one place in Kendal offering very reasonable prices but they wanted an astronomical amount for carriage to the Island. Came to more than the actual items! Just e-mailed White Dove, Seat dealer in Cardiff, to see what they can offer.

Good chatting with you. Take care for now.

Best wishes

Tony
Hi Tony,

Congratulations on the new Arona & I’m delighted you’re happy. My Mrs loves hers & I sometimes prefer to take it on short journeys. Beats trying to squeeze the Tarraco in to tight spaces ;)

I’ve got some stuff from Seat Parts Direct https://www.seat.fish-bros-parts.co.uk/ Ifound them reasonable & Alan is very helpful.
Just drop a message telling him what you want in the enquires section & he’ll get back to you.

Happy Driving,

Damo.
SEAT TARRACO XC 2.0D190 DSG 4Drive
Dark Camouflage Green. :D

Wife drives; Arona FR 115DSG Black Roof & Desire Red ;)

MotorMan

Post by MotorMan » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:05 am

Manxman wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:45 pm
Will try and give it a bit of a blast up the mountain sometime but the Island is pretty much 'locked down' at present with the 'Virus' and at nearly 72 years of age I am not going to far at the moment
Didn't realise you are 'locked down'. Will wish you well and hope you remain safe. The Island should provide some degree of isolation protection to residents like yourself although the forthcoming Easter holidays are going to be testing for any of us who live in a popular holiday area and have so far escaped the worst.

Manxman

Post by Manxman » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:52 pm

Thanks for the information Damoire. I will give them a try.

Thanks for the good wishes MotorMan. Island has now got 13 people with a positive test but at present all seem to be mild cases and they are all isolating at home. No one other than residents returning home are allowed in to the Island now and they must self isolate for 14 days whether they have symptoms or not. All flights cancelled save for Loganair to Liverpool for patient transfers to UK hospitals for treatment then when they return 14 days isolation! Ferry is now freight only until further notice. Seems UK is locking down as well according to tonight's news.

To everyone out there who reads this take care and be safe